- 7 Ways to Build Your Credit Score Without a Credit Card
- How to Get Started Investing When You Don’t Have Much Money
- A Simple Way to Invest Your Retirement Savings
- 8 Ways to Save on Life Insurance
- Lower Your Cable Bill With Techniques A Hostage Negotiator Uses
- 13 Steps to Hiring a Contractor Who Won’t Rip You Off
Speaking of credit report errors, A Sacramento CBS affiliate reports…
A $16,159 court judgment showed up on Rose’s credit report. The money was awarded to Chase Manhattan Bank in 2007.
“Wait a minute, I’ve never had this credit card. I think there’s some identity theft going on here,” said [Heather] Rose.
She says Chase wouldn’t even discuss the debt with her, and two credit bureaus had no record of her attempts to dispute the debt. But with the station’s help, she got things sorted out.