- Seeking Sanity? 10 Surprising Work-From-Home Jobs
- 5 Healthy Variations on Comfort-Food Classics
- Theft of Debit Card Data at ATMs is Soaring: What You Need to Know
- The Most — and Least — Healthy Cities in the Nation
- Countries With the Widest Gap Between Rich and Poor
- How to Get the Best Deals in Memorial Day Sales
Speaking of credit report errors, A Sacramento CBS affiliate reports…
A $16,159 court judgment showed up on Rose’s credit report. The money was awarded to Chase Manhattan Bank in 2007.
“Wait a minute, I’ve never had this credit card. I think there’s some identity theft going on here,” said [Heather] Rose.
She says Chase wouldn’t even discuss the debt with her, and two credit bureaus had no record of her attempts to dispute the debt. But with the station’s help, she got things sorted out.