- Tax Hacks 2015: 6 Things Sneaky Tax Preparers Won’t Tell You
- Don’t Buy These 7 Things at a Dollar Store
- Will Obamacare Complicate Your Taxes? Not Likely
- Definitely Buy These 15 Things at a Dollar Store
- How to Find Old Online Accounts and Destroy Them
- Ask Stacy: Do I Need a Financial Adviser, or Can I Manage My Money Myself?
Speaking of credit report errors, A Sacramento CBS affiliate reports…
A $16,159 court judgment showed up on Rose’s credit report. The money was awarded to Chase Manhattan Bank in 2007.
“Wait a minute, I’ve never had this credit card. I think there’s some identity theft going on here,” said [Heather] Rose.
She says Chase wouldn’t even discuss the debt with her, and two credit bureaus had no record of her attempts to dispute the debt. But with the station’s help, she got things sorted out.