Planning to travel this holiday season? American Express is offering cardholders a gift that can save them up to $130.
American Express cardholders are getting a little something extra in their stockings this year — two free Uber rides from the airport.
Between now and Dec. 31, cardholders can get two free rides — at a value of up to $65 each — that originate from a select group of airports.
To get the free rides, you need to follow these steps:
- Enter the code “AMEXAIRPORT” in the “promotions” tab of your Uber app.
- Request your ride.
- Use your American Express card to make the payment. The card must be linked to your Uber account. Prepaid cards are not eligible to participate in the promotion.
Although you must use your American Express card to “pay,” you will only be charged for any amount that exceeds $65 for each ride. Trips must be completed by Dec. 31 to be eligible. Also, note that the promotion applies to trips “from” the airport, not “to” it.
Airports that are included in the promotion are:
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- McCarran International Airport (LAS)
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
Are you planning to travel during the holidays? If so, share your cash-saving travel tips by commenting below or on our Facebook page.