- 7 Ways to Build Your Credit Score Without a Credit Card
- A Simple Way to Invest Your Retirement Savings
- 8 Ways to Save on Life Insurance
- How to Get Started Investing When You Don’t Have Much Money
- Lower Your Cable Bill With Techniques A Hostage Negotiator Uses
- The ABCs of Selecting a Medicare Supplement Plan
It’s Fire Prevention Week, which means two things.
One, it’s an especially bad time to commit arson. Two, the National Fire Protection Association has a fire safety quiz with questions like, “If a fire breaks out in your home you have __________ to get out once the smoke alarm sounds?” (Answer: a few minutes).
But jokes aside, disasters do happen – preparing for them is smart, not funny. Not preparing could cost you lots of money, or the life of you or a loved one. That’s why we do stories about disaster preparation, and how to save on renter’s or homeowner’s insurance. Check these out, and the links below the story, too:
- Five Minute Lifesaver: ICE Your Cell Phone
- The Most Important Thing You Can Do Today
- 12 Tips to Disaster-Proof Your Home and Finances
- 7 More Tips to Prepare for a Natural Disaster
Here’s the NFPA’s fact sheet about what usually causes fires, with links on how to prepare for one.