- Bank Branches Disappearing Across the United States
- FTC: Identity Theft Is Consumers’ Top Complaint; Imposters on the Rise
- Land a Mortgage Like a Pro: Three Easy Steps
- Be Nice: Your Uber Driver Is Giving You a Passenger Rating
- Who’s Downsizing? Not These Retirees
- Whacky Reasons For Delaying Credit Card Payments
A Money Talks News reader recently wrote me to ask the following question:
I will be going to Paris in March and I’m wondering if there is a credit card available that is a cash back, no annual fee with no foreign transaction fee?
At last! It seems like I have found someone who hates credit card fees as much as I do. Of course there are many cards that feature no foreign transaction fees or annual fees.
A good place to start is Capital One: They’ve never charged a foreign transaction fee. In addition, most of their cards have no annual fees either, such as:
While Chase, Citi, and American Express all have cards that have no foreign transaction fees, they do have annual fees.
So how can you check for yourself which cards have fees and which don’t? Always check the terms and conditions for each card, which is sometimes known as the Schumer Box after Senator Charles Schumer of New York. And, of course, check out cards and descriptions on our credit card page.
Have fun on your trip, and keep avoiding those fees!
Note: While we attempt to be completely objective when reporting on credit cards, this site may be compensated by issuers when a reader applies for a credit card through the links within credit card stories or on our credit card search page.