- Make an $8 Air Conditioner, and 4 More Hot Tips for Staying Cool
- The 11 Best Foods to Buy When You’re Broke
- 6 Tips to Avoid Becoming a Victim of ‘Food Fraud’
- 10 Things We Spend Way Too Much On, and Cheaper Alternatives
- Does This Budweiser Slogan Condone Date Rape?
- 5 Cheap Alternatives to Cell Phone Insurance
Years ago, Money Magazine called 10 credit card lenders and merely asked them to lower their interest rates. Three out of 10 did it! This could work in all areas of banking. If your bank is charging you high interest or high fees, try saying something like, “Gee, I’ve banked here for years, but I can get much better deals from your competitors. Can’t you lower (eliminate?) this fee (interest rate) so I don’t have to leave you?” You’d be surprised how often this simple tactic could work.