Covering the program would take less than 1 percent of the state’s rainy-day fund, and those expenses would be reimbursed by the federal government. But North Carolina said no.
Author Archives: Brandon Ballenger
Through federal programs such as Medicaid and food stamps, taxpayers help fast-food workers get by despite their low wages.
The streaming service is in talks with cable companies to put itself on their boxes. That would mean cable customers could use Netflix without any additional device or an Internet-connected TV.
From boarding at both ends of the plane to penalizing customers with carry-ons, airlines are trying lots of tricks to get passengers to speed it up.
Some Louisiana residents on food stamps went on a shopping spree at Walmart last weekend when a glitch removed the spending limit from their accounts.
Higher demand and bad weather have conspired to raise the price of the major ingredient of a chocolate bar. So expect the cost to climb, especially for the good stuff.
Word of mouth may have a bigger effect on us than we realize.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- The 15 Best Jobs for Young Adults
- Why There’s a Great Chance You Used Facebook on Monday
- Now Hear This: You Can Save Hundreds on Hearing Aids
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?