Many baby boomers encountered long stretches of unemployment during the economic downturn, and many are still having a tough time finding work.
Author Archives: Brandon Ballenger
Prepaid cards are known for coming with a lot of fees — but some aren’t so bad, Consumer Reports says.
Members of Congress get a hefty Social Security benefit, a pension, subsidized retiree health benefits, and a 401(k)-like plan. Do you think they deserve it?
One medical expert thinks most doctor-patient conversations will someday happen over the phone or through video.
Verizon is warning about a phishing scam that promises an account credit.
The former “Sopranos” star’s will has been criticized for being too complicated and for unnecessarily leaving money on the table for Uncle Sam.
The group doesn’t have a Manhattan office — or any office, yet — but it will soon be offering financial services to anyone interested.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?
- Ask Stacy: The Market Looks Scary – Should I Sell My Stocks Now?
- Clean Energy Tax Credits Mostly Benefit the Wealthy, Report Says
- These 5 Industries Offer the Best 401(k) Plans