A search feature Facebook has been testing the past few months is now publicly available. It may make it easier for people to find you or expose old posts and photos, depending on your privacy settings.
Author Archives: Brandon Ballenger
Writers and publishers have complained that discounts on their books have evaporated in the past couple of years.
A standards organization in France wants people to prove they really did stay at that hotel in May and thought it was the best thing ever. Is this a good idea, or an obnoxious one?
The company says the data are anonymous, but researchers have proven many times that anonymity measures fail. Here’s how to opt out.
Adobe’s Photoshop software now requires a monthly rental subscription, rather than a flat fee to purchase. Microsoft Office also has a subscription option. What’s next?
Oregon lawmakers have passed an measure that would allow students to attend college at no upfront cost for tuition, with an agreement to contribute a percentage of their future income to repay the state.
U.S. Bank and Dealers’ Financial Service will return $6.5 million to service members who used the MILES program to finance car purchases.
- 8 Air Conditioner Parts You Can’t Afford to Neglect
- Rents Won’t Drop Soon — Just the Opposite, Experts Say
- Super Bowl Commercials to Break Key Barrier
- Say Goodbye to These 4 eBay Features
- Successfully Negotiate Your Medical Bills in 7 Simple Steps
- Can Hormone Therapy Turn Back the Ticking Clock?
- Now Might Be the Best Time to Upgrade Your Apple iPhone
- How Marital Status Affects Your Car Insurance Bill
- Ask Stacy: What Happens If My Investment Account Is Hacked?
- Why Even the Wealthy are Biting Their Nails Over Retirement
- Move to This State and Improve Your Financial Health
- Products That Keep Pets Safe When They Ride in Your Car
- 8 Steps to Save Big at CVS
- Love vs. Loans: How Student Debt Sabotages Relationships
- 10 Ways to Fight High Medical Bills
- Fiat Chrysler Recalls 1.4 Million Vehicles Vulnerable to Hackers
- Rich Kids Have It Better — and Poor Kids Worse — Than We Thought
- Tricks of the Trade: Secrets the Cruise Lines Don’t Want You to Know
- Tax-Free Weekends Help Take Sting Out of Back-to-School Costs
- Discover Slapped for Cheating 100,000+ Student Borrowers