The federal hourly minimum pay for people dependent on tips hasn’t risen in more than 2 decades, even though the normal minimum has increased 5 times.
Author Archives: Brandon Ballenger
A government study finds that banks’ deposit advance products frequently trap consumers in a cycle of debt just as payday lenders do.
Drivers in these cities wasted an average of 42 hours in traffic last year, new research says. On the worst roads, it was 62 hours.
A redesigned Benjamin will be coming to banks near you Oct. 8. It’s a little more colorful and has improved security features.
It’s not just the poor getting poorer: 93 percent of American households became worse off as the economic recovery began.
The Dow dropped about 150 points in 2 minutes on Tuesday when a hacked news service Twitter account warned of explosions at the White House.
An amendment that would have banned the practice failed in the U.S. House, but 6 states have laws to prevent it from happening.
- Successfully Negotiate Your Medical Bills in 7 Simple Steps
- Can Hormone Therapy Turn Back the Ticking Clock?
- Now Might Be the Best Time to Upgrade Your Apple iPhone
- How Marital Status Affects Your Car Insurance Bill
- Ask Stacy: What Happens If My Investment Account Is Hacked?
- Why Even the Wealthy are Biting Their Nails Over Retirement
- Move to This State and Improve Your Financial Health
- Products That Keep Pets Safe When They Ride in Your Car
- 8 Steps to Save Big at CVS
- Love vs. Loans: How Student Debt Sabotages Relationships
- 10 Ways to Fight High Medical Bills
- Fiat Chrysler Recalls 1.4 Million Vehicles Vulnerable to Hackers
- Rich Kids Have It Better — and Poor Kids Worse — Than We Thought
- Tricks of the Trade: Secrets the Cruise Lines Don’t Want You to Know
- Tax-Free Weekends Help Take Sting Out of Back-to-School Costs
- Discover Slapped for Cheating 100,000+ Student Borrowers
- 10 Financial Moves That Keep You Sane During a Divorce
- Social Security Disability Funds May Run Out in 2016
- 26 of the Most Gratifying Cars to Drive
- Who Are The World’s 10 Wealthiest Couples?