In some countries, taxes are virtually automatic: No need to hire anybody or spend hours with forms and receipts. But not here, and the company behind TurboTax is spending millions to keep it that way.
Author Archives: Brandon Ballenger
Despite a government warning that hotels may be breaking the law by hiding fees, many are still tacking on $30-a-night extra charges.
A federal appeals court ruled creditors can’t demand Social Security benefits be used to repay debts in Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
The government just expanded its refund fraud-targeting program to all 50 states.
A new anti-foreclosure program beginning July 1 will make it easier for people behind on payments to get a loan modification.
Here’s one kind of equal treatment gay couples may not want – combined income on tax forms.
The owner of a small business in Australia is sick of people asking for help and never buying anything, so she made a new rule: You stay, you pay.
- Mortgage Servicer Slapped for Fake ‘Equity Accelerator’ Program
- 8 Air Conditioner Parts You Can’t Afford to Neglect
- Rents Won’t Drop Soon — Just the Opposite, Experts Say
- Super Bowl Commercials to Break Key Barrier
- Say Goodbye to These 4 eBay Features
- Successfully Negotiate Your Medical Bills in 7 Simple Steps
- Can Hormone Therapy Turn Back the Ticking Clock?
- Now Might Be the Best Time to Upgrade Your Apple iPhone
- How Marital Status Affects Your Car Insurance Bill
- Ask Stacy: What Happens If My Investment Account Is Hacked?
- Why Even the Wealthy are Biting Their Nails Over Retirement
- Move to This State and Improve Your Financial Health
- Products That Keep Pets Safe When They Ride in Your Car
- 8 Steps to Save Big at CVS
- Love vs. Loans: How Student Debt Sabotages Relationships
- 10 Ways to Fight High Medical Bills
- Fiat Chrysler Recalls 1.4 Million Vehicles Vulnerable to Hackers
- Rich Kids Have It Better — and Poor Kids Worse — Than We Thought
- Tricks of the Trade: Secrets the Cruise Lines Don’t Want You to Know
- Tax-Free Weekends Help Take Sting Out of Back-to-School Costs