Here are 12 ways to enjoy the free things in life – and more great examples of the ways you can save by substituting imagination and resourcefulness for money. Is there anything you can add to this list?
Author Archives: Donna Gehrke-White
You can’t stop the BP oil leak, but you can do your share by using less gas. Here are 10 ways to use the web to drive less while you save more.
U.S. Legislators grapple with controlling the budget while waging two expensive wars. Result: The Senate cannot agree to pass extended unemployment benefits to help the long-term unemployed.
Some could end up paying thousands of dollars more a year if Congress doesn’t act to keep some or all of the Bush tax cuts that are scheduled to expire this year.
The Supreme Court just affirmed the right of Americans to use guns to defend themselves and their property, but that doesn’t make guns the best tool for the job.
Life’s tough enough without paying for things you could be getting free. Here are some examples – see if you can add to our list.
Young adults can be covered under their parents’ health insurnace plans starting Sept. 23, even if they’re not in school, but they also have other options.
- 9 Things Beginning Investors Don’t Know But Should
- Pop Quiz: Does Your Debt Disappear After the Statute of Limitations Runs Out?
- 5 Tricks Department Stores Use to Get You to Spend More
- 8 Simple, No-Cost Moves That Will Absolutely, Positively Make You Richer
- Speed Up Your Savings Goals by Defragging Your Budget
- How They Make Fast Food Look So Good
- 6 Steps That Will Stop You From Blowing Your Holiday Budget This Year
- 10 Mistakes That Can Double Your Tech Spending
- Can Ride-Sharing Provide an ‘Uber-Lyft’ to Your Income?
- 7 Secret Tactics Warehouse Stores Don’t Want You To Know
- When You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Join ‘Em: Buy the Companies You Hate
- How to Get a Patent for Your Big Idea in 7 Steps
- Cheap Car Fixes That Will Easily Pay For Themselves
- The Best and Worst Things to Buy in November
- Does Money Lingo Make Your Head Spin? Here’s What It Really Means
- 6 Ways to Ensure You’ll Have Enough Money in Retirement
- Pop Quiz: Can You Profit When Stocks Fall?
- A Simple Way to Invest Your Retirement Savings
- 14 Creative Ways to Date When Money’s Tight
- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?