Here are 12 ways to enjoy the free things in life – and more great examples of the ways you can save by substituting imagination and resourcefulness for money. Is there anything you can add to this list?
Author Archives: Donna Gehrke-White
You can’t stop the BP oil leak, but you can do your share by using less gas. Here are 10 ways to use the web to drive less while you save more.
U.S. Legislators grapple with controlling the budget while waging two expensive wars. Result: The Senate cannot agree to pass extended unemployment benefits to help the long-term unemployed.
Some could end up paying thousands of dollars more a year if Congress doesn’t act to keep some or all of the Bush tax cuts that are scheduled to expire this year.
The Supreme Court just affirmed the right of Americans to use guns to defend themselves and their property, but that doesn’t make guns the best tool for the job.
Life’s tough enough without paying for things you could be getting free. Here are some examples – see if you can add to our list.
Young adults can be covered under their parents’ health insurnace plans starting Sept. 23, even if they’re not in school, but they also have other options.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- The 15 Best Jobs for Young Adults
- Why There’s a Great Chance You Used Facebook on Monday
- Now Hear This: You Can Save Hundreds on Hearing Aids
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?