All is not lost. Money saved for college can wait until the student is ready or be cashed in — for a price.
Author Archives: Guest Blogger
Weird, and expensive, justifications that don’t really hold up under the light of financial logic.
Low interest rates and a recent reduction in mortgage insurance premiums may mean you can save money through a streamline refinance of your FHA mortgage. An expert explains how to figure out if you can benefit.
Pause before entering your credentials! Cybercriminals have made it almost impossible for a casual observer to distinguish phishing emails from the real PayPal messages.
Catch up on chocolate but hold off on fancy lingerie — and more tips for the coming month.
Over time, these devices get weighed down with apps, history and digital gunk on the hard drive. Here are tricks to lighten the load and make yours speedy again.
In some cities, the incentive to own a car–and cover its costs–is plummeting as other alternatives emerge.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- What it Really Takes to Just Get By in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?
- Ask Stacy: The Market Looks Scary – Should I Sell My Stocks Now?
- Clean Energy Tax Credits Mostly Benefit the Wealthy, Report Says
- These 5 Industries Offer the Best 401(k) Plans