This reader wanted to transfer old debts to new, lower interest credit cards. But after getting the new cards, she discovered the fees to transfer the balances were too high. Now she wants to cancel those and find better ones. But will all this shuffling hurt her credit score?
Author Archives: Jason Steele
Chase claims to offer the Ultimate Rewards. And they might be right. But are those rewards right for you?
Leigh is comfortable with having a credit card from the same place he does all his banking. But is he giving up potential perks by doing so? Are you?
A reader has just gone through Chapter 7 bankruptcy. How soon until she can apply for a credit card?
Citi offers its version of a simple credit card. But sometimes simple can still be complicated. Is this card right for you?
A reader always got the bank to lower her rate with a phone call…until now.
With the right cards, Deborah can increase her credit score and earn more rewards. And so can you.
- What Costco’s New Visa Deal Means for You
- FTC Hammers Scammers Trying to ‘Fly Under the Radar’ With Spanish Ads
- 5 Myths About Women and Money
- ‘Alice in Wonderland’ Turns 150: Enjoy the Classic, Plus Film and Digital Spinoffs for Free
- 5 Ways to Game Yourself Into Saving Cash
- Lawmakers Move to Improve Benefits of College Savings Plans
- 1 in 5 Americans Plan to Work Till They Die
- Young and Crazy Rich: List Names Record Number of Billionaires Under Age 40
- 8 Ways to Bounce Back From Financial Disaster
- This Simple Idea Could Cut Costs for College Students Across the US
- Report Names ‘Terrible 10′ States Where Taxes Hit Average Americans Hardest
- Want a Job After College? Majors Most Likely to Get You There, and Not
- Tax Hacks 2015: Can’t Pay Your Taxes? Here’s What to Do
- Correcting Mistakes After You File: Amended Tax Returns
- 28 Ways to Save Big Bucks on Pet Supplies
- Be Nice: Your Uber Driver Is Giving You a Passenger Rating
- Bank Branches Disappearing Across the United States
- FTC: Identity Theft Is Consumers’ Top Complaint; Imposters on the Rise
- Land a Mortgage Like a Pro: Three Easy Steps
- Coming Soon: Grocery Store Beacons That Send You Discounts, Aisle by Aisle