This reader wanted to transfer old debts to new, lower interest credit cards. But after getting the new cards, she discovered the fees to transfer the balances were too high. Now she wants to cancel those and find better ones. But will all this shuffling hurt her credit score?
Author Archives: Jason Steele
Chase claims to offer the Ultimate Rewards. And they might be right. But are those rewards right for you?
Leigh is comfortable with having a credit card from the same place he does all his banking. But is he giving up potential perks by doing so? Are you?
A reader has just gone through Chapter 7 bankruptcy. How soon until she can apply for a credit card?
Citi offers its version of a simple credit card. But sometimes simple can still be complicated. Is this card right for you?
A reader always got the bank to lower her rate with a phone call…until now.
With the right cards, Deborah can increase her credit score and earn more rewards. And so can you.
- Pop Quiz: Is it better to have a tax credit or a tax deduction?
- Java Hack: Coffee Lovers Outsmart Keurig’s K-Cup Technology
- Today’s Deals: Friday, Dec. 19
- Still Shopping for Christmas? 10 Last-Minute Money-Saving Tips
- Consumer Reports Doesn’t Recommend Gift Cards — Here’s Why
- The 10 Commandments of Wealth and Happiness
- Here’s Why We Have a Lawless Gotcha Capitalism Economy
- 9 Christmas Gifts That Keep Giving All Year
- Take 5: A Roundup of Reads From Around the Web
- Pop Quiz: Is It Better to Have a Tax Credit or a Tax Deduction?
- 10 Tips for Throwing an Awesome, but Cheap, New Year’s Eve Party
- 15 Tips for Taking Fabulous Smartphone Photos
- 5 Sneaky Jeweler Tricks of the Trade
- Your Next Loan Shouldn’t Be From a Bank
- The Gift That Doesn’t Need Batteries, Never Breaks and Can Change a Kid’s Life
- Shopping for Your Guy? Here Are 10 Things NOT to Buy
- 10 Awesome Yet Affordable Teacher Gifts
- Shopping For Your Girl? Avoid Everything on This List
- Should You Get a Store Credit Card?
- Should You Tip Your Garbage Man? 9 Rules for Holiday Tipping
- 10 Great Kid Gifts for Less Than $10
- 12 Ways to Save on Holiday Travel
- Year-End Review: 9 Tips to Cut Homeowners Insurance Costs
- Get Free Car Repairs with Secret Warranties
- Year-End Review: 10 Tips to Cut Car Insurance Costs
- 5 Types of Consumer Reports You Don’t Know About
- Don’t Get Scrooged by These 20 Holiday Scams
- 7 Foolproof Organizing Tricks You Don’t Know
- 6 Tips to Donate to Charity the Smart Way