I’ve sat on both sides of the customer service line — taking abuse from callers and getting angry at unmotivated CS reps too. Here are some lessons I’ve learned that can help you.
Author Archives: Kentin Waits
Graduation is a time of exciting possibilities, high expectations … and new financial realities. Get off on the right foot and build a brighter future with these seven saving strategies.
Few things we write have as much potential value as a well-crafted cover letter. If you’re in the job market now or plan to be, here are seven tips to take your cover letter from tired to hired.
A hiccup in your employment history doesn’t have to signal slackerdom. Take control of how you present the highs — and the lows — of your professional experience.
Did you know that your financial adviser may not be legally required to act in your financial best interest? Here’s how a fiduciary pledge can change that.
There’s no place like home, even if it’s only 200 square feet. Find out why tiny houses are gaining in popularity and what makes these small spaces so special.
Find out who these generous tycoons are and how they made their fortunes.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?
- Ask Stacy: The Market Looks Scary – Should I Sell My Stocks Now?
- Clean Energy Tax Credits Mostly Benefit the Wealthy, Report Says
- These 5 Industries Offer the Best 401(k) Plans