When it comes to paying down a mortgage early, is it better to make a single large extra principal payment annually or 12 smaller ones each month?
Author Archives: Len Penzo
There’s more to consider than just losing a paycheck. When you do the math, being a stay-at-home mom can actually save you money.
Some experts insist birth order determines your financial behavior. Here’s why that’s ridiculous.
They’re cheaper, sometimes better, and easy to find. If you get into a fender-bender, don’t blindly head to the dealer.
Here’s how to find a plumber who will clean up your problem – and not clean you out.
Back in the 1950s, a good tip was 10 percent. Now we pay 15 percent for bad service. What happened?
Figuring out how to pay a babysitter is almost as confusing as having kids in the first place. So here are some guidelines that will help you set the right rate.
- America’s Best Loved — and Most Loathed — Fast-Food Chains
- ’99 Percent’ Did Well Last Year, But Still Lagged Wealthy
- What the Same-Sex Marriage Ruling Has to Do With the U.S. Economy
- 15 Ways to Save Big on Your Dream Wedding
- More Than One-Third of Wealthy Lack Estate Plans
- The Highest-Paid Celebrities in the World
- 13 Ways to Clip the Cost of Child Care
- Men Vs. Women: Who Brings More Debt to Relationships?
- More Than Half of Americans Delaying Life Decisions
- 7 Tips to Fly Hassle-Free With Your Pet
- Looking to Ditch Cable? Hulu’s Got a Deal for You
- 20 Odd Ways to Make Extra Money
- Supreme Court Upholds Health Insurance Subsidies
- The Cars That Best Retain Their Value
- 3 Out of 4 Americans Waste Food — and Money
- 11 Staging Tips to Help You Get Top Dollar When Selling Your Home
- Best (and Worst) Airports for Saving Time and Money
- 10 Characteristics of Wildly Successful People
- Almost Half of Couples Don’t Know This About Each Other
- Home Selling 101: 17 Tips for Creating Maximum Curb Appeal