Keep abreast of the cost of formula. You can spend $1,500 a year on formula. Breastfeeding is free and according to many, healthier too.
Author Archives: Life or Debt
Rent your baby clothes and supplies. Well, not actually rent perhaps, but practically. Buy your baby clothes, crib, stroller toys and other things at up to 75% off by shopping at consignment stores. When your baby outgrows them, consign them … Continued
Make your own baby food. There are plenty of free recipes online and in library books for food that is better than name brand because it won’t have as much salt, sugar and preservatives. It’s also infinitely cheaper.
Washing your own diapers can save you a couple of hundred dollars in a year and your landfill will be happier too!
Odds are you’re already paying taxes to subsidize some basic pet health services. Call your local Humane society or county facility and ask about discounted inoculations or other services.
Make your own pet toys. Pets are like babies. They’re more likely to enjoy the box the toy came in than the toy itself. You’ve got plenty of interesting, entertaining and chewable items lying around the house already. You can … Continued
Unless your dog and cat read or watch a lot of TV, they probably won’t complain about getting generic food. Read the labels, and you’ll find that name brand pet food often has the exact ingredients at twice the price! … Continued
- How to Pick the Best Credit Union for You
- 10 Things We Spend Way Too Much On, and Cheaper Alternatives
- Fannie, Freddie CEOs Get $3.4 Million Raises
- Full-Service Restaurants Can Be Worse for Health Than Fast Food
- Are Airlines Conspiring to Keep Plane Tickets Costly?
- 10 Things To Know Before You Book a Cruise
- 5 Changes That Could Slash Heart Disease Deaths by Half
- This U.S. City Has the Priciest Hotel Rates in the World
- And the No. 1 Country for Female Entrepreneurs Is …
- Deals and Steals: What to Buy in July
- 6 Ways to Keep Bad Credit From Killing a Small Business Dream
- America’s Best Loved — and Most Loathed — Fast-Food Chains
- ’99 Percent’ Did Well Last Year, But Still Lagged Wealthy
- What the Same-Sex Marriage Ruling Has to Do With the U.S. Economy
- 15 Ways to Save Big on Your Dream Wedding
- More Than One-Third of Wealthy Lack Estate Plans
- The Highest-Paid Celebrities in the World
- 13 Ways to Clip the Cost of Child Care
- Men Vs. Women: Who Brings More Debt to Relationships?
- More Than Half of Americans Delaying Life Decisions