One in eight Americans over 65 is living with Alzheimer’s. It’s a crisis that impacts the entire family, and money mistakes can be clues to the onset of the disease. Here are some tips to help you cope.
Author Archives: Linda Doell
Don’t get caught in an online scam pretending to be tech support for your computer that actually infects your machine with a virus. We’ll show you how to protect your computer from malware.
It’s a common resolution: destroy debt. But it’s tough to embark on a debt-destroying mission when your debt is already destroying you. If you need help, make this the year you get it: Call a credit counselor. Here’s how to find the right one.
All holidays have to end – including the payroll tax holiday. If you make $50,000 a year, increased Social Security withholding means you’ll take home $1,000 less in 2013 than you did last year. How can you make up the shortfall? Let’s count the ways.
Beyonce Knowles-Carter is being pressured to end a multi-million dollar endorsement deal with Pepsi. She’s not alone. Here are more examples of celebs who got heat for products they backed, and companies that got heat for the superstars they chose.
Gift cards are hassle-free, practical gifts. But use these tips to ensure your recipients don’t end up with worthless pieces of plastic.
- Lawmakers Move to Improve Benefits of College Savings Plans
- 1 in 5 Americans Plan to Work Till They Die
- Young and Crazy Rich: List Names Record Number of Billionaires Under Age 40
- 8 Ways to Bounce Back From Financial Disaster
- This Simple Idea Could Cut Costs for College Students Across the US
- Report Names ‘Terrible 10′ States Where Taxes Hit Average Americans Hardest
- Want a Job After College? Majors Most Likely to Get You There, and Not
- Tax Hacks 2015: Can’t Pay Your Taxes? Here’s What to Do
- Correcting Mistakes After You File: Amended Tax Returns
- 28 Ways to Save Big Bucks on Pet Supplies
- Be Nice: Your Uber Driver Is Giving You a Passenger Rating
- Bank Branches Disappearing Across the United States
- FTC: Identity Theft Is Consumers’ Top Complaint; Imposters on the Rise
- Land a Mortgage Like a Pro: Three Easy Steps
- Coming Soon: Grocery Store Beacons That Send You Discounts, Aisle by Aisle
- Who’s Downsizing? Not These Retirees
- Trip Tips to Cut the Cost of Spring Break in Half
- How to Navigate Deceptive Car Ads and Avoid Rip-Offs
- Where to Sell Your Stuff for Top Dollar
- Medical ID Theft Cost Americans $20 Billion in 2014