Big banks can’t seem to catch a break. On Wednesday afternoon, they lost a vote that would have delayed the implementation of the rule capping so-called “swipe” fees.
Author Archives: LowCards.com
If this is the year you tie the knot, here’s some advice on merging your money, along with a few possible credit cards for couples.
Starting in July, the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau will start accepting complaints about deceptive and abusive financial products, from credit cards to payday loans. While you’re waiting, here are three other ways to voice your displeasure.
Credit card defaults and delinquencies have dropped to levels not seen since the start of the Great Recession.
If you’re feeling pain at the pump, one thing you might try is a credit card that offers rebates on gas purchases. But beware: this plastic comes equipped with plenty of fine print. Here’s the skinny on some of the most popular cards.
It’s been two years since the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure Act became law. A new study suggests it may have done at least part of what Congress intended.
According the Federal Reserve, banks are ready to embark on a lending binge. But they may be lacking a key ingredient: borrowers.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- The 15 Best Jobs for Young Adults
- Why There’s a Great Chance You Used Facebook on Monday
- Now Hear This: You Can Save Hundreds on Hearing Aids
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?