Big banks can’t seem to catch a break. On Wednesday afternoon, they lost a vote that would have delayed the implementation of the rule capping so-called “swipe” fees.
Author Archives: LowCards.com
If this is the year you tie the knot, here’s some advice on merging your money, along with a few possible credit cards for couples.
Starting in July, the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau will start accepting complaints about deceptive and abusive financial products, from credit cards to payday loans. While you’re waiting, here are three other ways to voice your displeasure.
Credit card defaults and delinquencies have dropped to levels not seen since the start of the Great Recession.
If you’re feeling pain at the pump, one thing you might try is a credit card that offers rebates on gas purchases. But beware: this plastic comes equipped with plenty of fine print. Here’s the skinny on some of the most popular cards.
It’s been two years since the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure Act became law. A new study suggests it may have done at least part of what Congress intended.
According the Federal Reserve, banks are ready to embark on a lending binge. But they may be lacking a key ingredient: borrowers.
- Pop Quiz: Is it better to have a tax credit or a tax deduction?
- Java Hack: Coffee Lovers Outsmart Keurig’s K-Cup Technology
- Today’s Deals: Friday, Dec. 19
- Still Shopping for Christmas? 10 Last-Minute Money-Saving Tips
- The 10 Commandments of Wealth and Happiness
- Consumer Reports Doesn’t Recommend Gift Cards — Here’s Why
- Here’s Why We Have a Lawless Gotcha Capitalism Economy
- 9 Christmas Gifts That Keep Giving All Year
- Take 5: A Roundup of Reads From Around the Web
- Pop Quiz: Is It Better to Have a Tax Credit or a Tax Deduction?
- 10 Tips for Throwing an Awesome, but Cheap, New Year’s Eve Party
- 15 Tips for Taking Fabulous Smartphone Photos
- 5 Sneaky Jeweler Tricks of the Trade
- Your Next Loan Shouldn’t Be From a Bank
- The Gift That Doesn’t Need Batteries, Never Breaks and Can Change a Kid’s Life
- Shopping for Your Guy? Here Are 10 Things NOT to Buy
- 10 Awesome Yet Affordable Teacher Gifts
- Shopping For Your Girl? Avoid Everything on This List
- Should You Get a Store Credit Card?
- Should You Tip Your Garbage Man? 9 Rules for Holiday Tipping
- 10 Great Kid Gifts for Less Than $10
- 12 Ways to Save on Holiday Travel
- Year-End Review: 9 Tips to Cut Homeowners Insurance Costs
- Get Free Car Repairs with Secret Warranties
- Year-End Review: 10 Tips to Cut Car Insurance Costs
- 5 Types of Consumer Reports You Don’t Know About
- Don’t Get Scrooged by These 20 Holiday Scams
- 7 Foolproof Organizing Tricks You Don’t Know
- 6 Tips to Donate to Charity the Smart Way