In the past, Apple offered college students a free iPod Touch when they bought a computer. Not this year – but you have other options.
Author Archives: Michael Koretzky
Last week, J.D. Power and Associates released its annual “Initial Quality Study,” and the hype is continuing right through this week. But there’s some news the carmakers don’t want you to know – like overall quality is declining.
Here are some interesting and amusing developments from the past week that aren’t exactly news but might make you smile.
Times are tough these days, but apparently, they were in the old days, too. We just don’t remember. Here’s a quick look at sound bites from long ago that could have been uttered on last night’s news.
In today’s news: Oil prices will plunge further with strategic release, fixed mortgages stay fixed, Google may be in oodles of trouble, Toyota trumps Ford, and the IRS has a heart.
In today’s news: The economy isn’t looking so hot, homes are selling for cash, Apple will update the iPhone, GM recalls crossovers, troop withdrawals won’t save all that much, and two office supply stores might merge.
In today’s news: Home sales drop, FCC takes aim at “cramming,” the Fed is likely to keep stimulating the economy, the lack of NFL football is hurting more than players and owners, and Verizon will start charging more for data.
- How to Pick the Best Credit Union for You
- 10 Things We Spend Way Too Much On, and Cheaper Alternatives
- Fannie, Freddie CEOs Get $3.4 Million Raises
- Full-Service Restaurants Can Be Worse for Health Than Fast Food
- Are Airlines Conspiring to Keep Plane Tickets Costly?
- 10 Things To Know Before You Book a Cruise
- 5 Changes That Could Slash Heart Disease Deaths by Half
- This U.S. City Has the Priciest Hotel Rates in the World
- And the No. 1 Country for Female Entrepreneurs Is …
- Deals and Steals: What to Buy in July
- 6 Ways to Keep Bad Credit From Killing a Small Business Dream
- America’s Best Loved — and Most Loathed — Fast-Food Chains
- ’99 Percent’ Did Well Last Year, But Still Lagged Wealthy
- What the Same-Sex Marriage Ruling Has to Do With the U.S. Economy
- 15 Ways to Save Big on Your Dream Wedding
- More Than One-Third of Wealthy Lack Estate Plans
- The Highest-Paid Celebrities in the World
- 13 Ways to Clip the Cost of Child Care
- Men Vs. Women: Who Brings More Debt to Relationships?
- More Than Half of Americans Delaying Life Decisions