In the past, Apple offered college students a free iPod Touch when they bought a computer. Not this year – but you have other options.
Author Archives: Michael Koretzky
Last week, J.D. Power and Associates released its annual “Initial Quality Study,” and the hype is continuing right through this week. But there’s some news the carmakers don’t want you to know – like overall quality is declining.
Here are some interesting and amusing developments from the past week that aren’t exactly news but might make you smile.
Times are tough these days, but apparently, they were in the old days, too. We just don’t remember. Here’s a quick look at sound bites from long ago that could have been uttered on last night’s news.
In today’s news: Oil prices will plunge further with strategic release, fixed mortgages stay fixed, Google may be in oodles of trouble, Toyota trumps Ford, and the IRS has a heart.
In today’s news: The economy isn’t looking so hot, homes are selling for cash, Apple will update the iPhone, GM recalls crossovers, troop withdrawals won’t save all that much, and two office supply stores might merge.
In today’s news: Home sales drop, FCC takes aim at “cramming,” the Fed is likely to keep stimulating the economy, the lack of NFL football is hurting more than players and owners, and Verizon will start charging more for data.
- Pop Quiz: Is it better to have a tax credit or a tax deduction?
- Java Hack: Coffee Lovers Outsmart Keurig’s K-Cup Technology
- The 10 Commandments of Wealth and Happiness
- Today’s Deals: Friday, Dec. 19
- Still Shopping for Christmas? 10 Last-Minute Money-Saving Tips
- Consumer Reports Doesn’t Recommend Gift Cards — Here’s Why
- Here’s Why We Have a Lawless Gotcha Capitalism Economy
- 9 Christmas Gifts That Keep Giving All Year
- 18 Christmas Gifts for the Travel Lover on Your List
- Today’s Deals: Saturday, Dec. 20
- Pop Quiz: Is It Better to Have a Tax Credit or a Tax Deduction?
- 10 Tips for Throwing an Awesome, but Cheap, New Year’s Eve Party
- 15 Tips for Taking Fabulous Smartphone Photos
- 5 Sneaky Jeweler Tricks of the Trade
- Your Next Loan Shouldn’t Be From a Bank
- The Gift That Doesn’t Need Batteries, Never Breaks and Can Change a Kid’s Life
- Shopping for Your Guy? Here Are 10 Things NOT to Buy
- 10 Awesome Yet Affordable Teacher Gifts
- Shopping For Your Girl? Avoid Everything on This List
- Should You Get a Store Credit Card?
- Should You Tip Your Garbage Man? 9 Rules for Holiday Tipping
- 10 Great Kid Gifts for Less Than $10
- 12 Ways to Save on Holiday Travel
- Year-End Review: 9 Tips to Cut Homeowners Insurance Costs
- Get Free Car Repairs with Secret Warranties
- Year-End Review: 10 Tips to Cut Car Insurance Costs
- 5 Types of Consumer Reports You Don’t Know About
- Don’t Get Scrooged by These 20 Holiday Scams
- 7 Foolproof Organizing Tricks You Don’t Know
- 6 Tips to Donate to Charity the Smart Way