In the past, Apple offered college students a free iPod Touch when they bought a computer. Not this year – but you have other options.
Author Archives: Michael Koretzky
Last week, J.D. Power and Associates released its annual “Initial Quality Study,” and the hype is continuing right through this week. But there’s some news the carmakers don’t want you to know – like overall quality is declining.
Here are some interesting and amusing developments from the past week that aren’t exactly news but might make you smile.
Times are tough these days, but apparently, they were in the old days, too. We just don’t remember. Here’s a quick look at sound bites from long ago that could have been uttered on last night’s news.
In today’s news: Oil prices will plunge further with strategic release, fixed mortgages stay fixed, Google may be in oodles of trouble, Toyota trumps Ford, and the IRS has a heart.
In today’s news: The economy isn’t looking so hot, homes are selling for cash, Apple will update the iPhone, GM recalls crossovers, troop withdrawals won’t save all that much, and two office supply stores might merge.
In today’s news: Home sales drop, FCC takes aim at “cramming,” the Fed is likely to keep stimulating the economy, the lack of NFL football is hurting more than players and owners, and Verizon will start charging more for data.
- 8 Ways to Bounce Back From Financial Disaster
- This Simple Idea Could Cut Costs for College Students Across the US
- Report Names ‘Terrible 10′ States Where Taxes Hit Average Americans Hardest
- Want a Job After College? Majors Most Likely to Get You There, and Not
- Tax Hacks 2015: Can’t Pay Your Taxes? Here’s What to Do
- Correcting Mistakes After You File: Amended Tax Returns
- 28 Ways to Save Big Bucks on Pet Supplies
- Be Nice: Your Uber Driver Is Giving You a Passenger Rating
- Bank Branches Disappearing Across the United States
- FTC: Identity Theft Is Consumers’ Top Complaint; Imposters on the Rise
- Land a Mortgage Like a Pro: Three Easy Steps
- Coming Soon: Grocery Store Beacons That Send You Discounts, Aisle by Aisle
- Who’s Downsizing? Not These Retirees
- Trip Tips to Cut the Cost of Spring Break in Half
- How to Navigate Deceptive Car Ads and Avoid Rip-Offs
- Where to Sell Your Stuff for Top Dollar
- Medical ID Theft Cost Americans $20 Billion in 2014
- The Tooth Fairy Index is Up! What Kids Are Getting Under Their Pillows
- Is Getting a 401(k) Loan a Good Idea?
- 5 Tips for Renting a Home When Your Credit Is Poor