In today’s news: Republicans argue about the federal debt, more Americans are on disability, Wal-Mart is thinking small, Obama says domestic carmakers are finally coming back, and the Post Office is running out of money.
Author Archives: Michael Koretzky
Here are some interesting and amusing developments from the past week that aren’t exactly news, but might make you smile.
In today’s news: Moody’s is moody about federal debt, Groupon will make money despite losing money, Gmail has been hacked, Ford thinks the best engines come in threes, New Jersey’s governor takes a political hit for taking a spin in a helicopter.
In today’s news: Job growth is slowing, manufacturing is slowing, tax identity theft is soaring, car sales are falling, and Groupon is blowing up.
In today’s news: Republicans and Democrats are still fighting about a ceiling, home prices are going down again, so is consumer confidence, food prices are going to go way up, and car loan late payments are going way down.
Renting solar panels? Paperless wedding invitations? Some green-tech ideas are really out there. But if they work, they might save you big bucks.
In today’s news: Even the Saudis want lower oil prices, Obama goes after employers of illegals, a Congressman goes after rental car companies, Japan’s quake is being felt here, and American Airlines wins at basketball.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- The 15 Best Jobs for Young Adults
- Why There’s a Great Chance You Used Facebook on Monday
- Now Hear This: You Can Save Hundreds on Hearing Aids
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?