Here are some interesting and amusing developments from the past week that aren’t exactly news, but might make you smile.
Author Archives: Michael Koretzky
In today’s news: The economy is still dragging, foreclosures are becoming hot deals, Microsoft will finally challenge the iPad, the Supreme Court rules on hiring illegal immigrants, and Maine is older than Florida.
In today’s news: Banks are joining forces to make it easier to access your money, dark meat is getting popular, new cars get new labels, orders for durable goods weren’t so durable last month, and Mark Haines dies.
In today’s news: New home sales defy the experts, the U.S. is not the best place to live, oil speculators get arrested, coffee prices are going the way of oil prices, and your next car might have a “black box.”
These days Congress is talking about raising our debt ceiling to accommodate our 14 trillion dollar debt. But just how much is a trillion dollars? You’ll be amazed at just what it could buy.
In today’s news: More tornadoes in the Midwest, gas prices are still slowly descending, Toyota doesn’t listen to anyone, a nasty fight is brewing over consumer protection, and IBM bests Microsoft.
In today’s news: Raising the debt ceiling might not happen till the end of summer, states are cutting back unemployment benefits, small businesses are failing faster in some states than others, boating is riding a wave, and some tax refunds are delayed.
- 5 Myths About Women and Money
- ‘Alice in Wonderland’ Turns 150: Enjoy the Classic, Plus Film and Digital Spinoffs for Free
- 5 Ways to Game Yourself Into Saving Cash
- Lawmakers Move to Improve Benefits of College Savings Plans
- 1 in 5 Americans Plan to Work Till They Die
- Young and Crazy Rich: List Names Record Number of Billionaires Under Age 40
- 8 Ways to Bounce Back From Financial Disaster
- This Simple Idea Could Cut Costs for College Students Across the US
- Report Names ‘Terrible 10′ States Where Taxes Hit Average Americans Hardest
- Want a Job After College? Majors Most Likely to Get You There, and Not
- Tax Hacks 2015: Can’t Pay Your Taxes? Here’s What to Do
- Correcting Mistakes After You File: Amended Tax Returns
- 28 Ways to Save Big Bucks on Pet Supplies
- Be Nice: Your Uber Driver Is Giving You a Passenger Rating
- Bank Branches Disappearing Across the United States
- FTC: Identity Theft Is Consumers’ Top Complaint; Imposters on the Rise
- Land a Mortgage Like a Pro: Three Easy Steps
- Coming Soon: Grocery Store Beacons That Send You Discounts, Aisle by Aisle
- Who’s Downsizing? Not These Retirees
- Trip Tips to Cut the Cost of Spring Break in Half