Here are some interesting and amusing developments from the past week that aren’t exactly news, but might make you smile.
Author Archives: Michael Koretzky
In today’s news: Playboy goes high-tech, jobless claims go down, hurricane predictions go up, bread and cereal prices may go up, and home sales are going nowhere.
In today’s news: Oil prices go up again but gas prices finally drop some, 401(k) rules may get stricter, the government wants your advice about mortgage paperwork, used car prices are revving up, and Android phones might have an awful flaw.
In today’s news: Commodity prices go splat, gas prices aren’t dropping, economists are now pessimists about a recovery, a college diploma isn’t opening doors these days, and restaurants are making you pay through the mouth.
In today’s news: A top Republican supports raising the debt ceiling, many Americans are spending less on their mortgages than ever before, the feds investigate Ford, female grads earn less than male grads, and lobbyists go to war over debit cards.
In today’s news: Gas prices are fueling inflation, Obama will push for more oil drilling, big banks are imposing big fees, Social Security and Medicare aren’t so secure, and New York is sitting on a jackpot.
In today’s news: Mortgage rates fall to a new low, the Fed chief warns Congress about the federal debt, jobless claims are dropping, 401(k)s are rising, and Facebook and Google go to war.
- Get a Designer Kitchen for Pennies on the Dollar
- The Top 5 Job Interview Deal-Breakers
- 7 Fitness Apps That Save You Time and Money
- Are Hospitals Ditching Lower-Income Patients for Richer Ones?
- Move Over, Fake IRS Agents: There’s a New Scammer in Town
- 12 Ways to Avoid Obnoxious (and Growing) Hotel Fees
- 85 Uses for Baking Soda — and How it Could Save Your Life
- 40 Universities Control Two-Thirds of Higher-Ed Money
- The 10 Best-Paying Employers in the Country
- Verizon to Let You Choose and Change Channels Monthly
- How Good is Your Hospital? Find Out
- 9 Great Apps for Sports Fans
- 7 Things Worth Paying More For
- Air Travel Isn’t Fun, and It’s Getting Worse
- Who Needs Groceries When You Can Eat Out?
- 13 Steps to Finding an Honest Auto Mechanic
- Your Phone Can Be a Real Pain in the Butt
- 13 Fitness Hacks That Can Simplify Your Workouts
- 7 Tips for Buying a Boat Without Sinking Your Finances
- The Cost of Attending Weddings (Not Your Own) Soars