In today’s news: Raising the debt ceiling might not happen till the end of summer, states are cutting back unemployment benefits, small businesses are failing faster in some states than others, boating is riding a wave, and some tax refunds are delayed.
Author Archives: Michael Koretzky
Here are some interesting and amusing developments from the past week that aren’t exactly news, but might make you smile.
In today’s news: Playboy goes high-tech, jobless claims go down, hurricane predictions go up, bread and cereal prices may go up, and home sales are going nowhere.
In today’s news: Oil prices go up again but gas prices finally drop some, 401(k) rules may get stricter, the government wants your advice about mortgage paperwork, used car prices are revving up, and Android phones might have an awful flaw.
In today’s news: Commodity prices go splat, gas prices aren’t dropping, economists are now pessimists about a recovery, a college diploma isn’t opening doors these days, and restaurants are making you pay through the mouth.
In today’s news: A top Republican supports raising the debt ceiling, many Americans are spending less on their mortgages than ever before, the feds investigate Ford, female grads earn less than male grads, and lobbyists go to war over debit cards.
In today’s news: Gas prices are fueling inflation, Obama will push for more oil drilling, big banks are imposing big fees, Social Security and Medicare aren’t so secure, and New York is sitting on a jackpot.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- The 15 Best Jobs for Young Adults
- Why There’s a Great Chance You Used Facebook on Monday
- Now Hear This: You Can Save Hundreds on Hearing Aids
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?