In today’s news: Oil prices may be coming back down to earth, Americans spent a record amount on gas last month, the United States may soon steal manufacturing jobs from China, mortgage rates drop, and AIG is too big to fail but not too big to lose lots of money.
Author Archives: Michael Koretzky
In today’s news: Recent tornadoes may cost billions, the economy may be affecting fertility, rental car gas prices approach double figures, private employers add jobs, and Apple computers may not be as safe as they once were.
In today’s news: Big Oil puts up a big fight to keep its tax breaks, TV sales are expected to plummet, Chase rethinks hiking ATM fees, Honda recalls more cars, and doctors are tracking hip and knee replacements to prevent recalls of their own.
Graduation Day is almost here, and you’re ready to conquer the world. But be careful: Rather than finding you work, that first resume may end up working against you.
In today’s news: Osama’s death doesn’t pay off in the stock market but it might in reward money, American households are making a comeback, GM might have to issue a recall for SUVs, and manufacturing activity grew – along with the cost of raw materials.
In today’s news: gas prices are pushing up other prices, Obama wants Big Oil to pay bigger taxes, electric cars will cause a shock to the power grid, Verizon warns its customers about privacy concerns, and the government might be wasting money on the Internet.
Here are some interesting and amusing developments from the past week that aren’t exactly news, but might make you smile.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- The 15 Best Jobs for Young Adults
- Why There’s a Great Chance You Used Facebook on Monday
- Now Hear This: You Can Save Hundreds on Hearing Aids
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?