Are you being bombarded with ads from agencies wanting to help you out of a debt jam? Ignore them. Read this instead.
Author Archives: Stacy Johnson
This week: Why you should screw around at work, how to set up an HSA, keys to a comfortable retirement, maxing out your savings on a small salary, and why you should never co-sign loans.
Here’s a little something to think about as you sit down with your family today: When you’re on your deathbed, you won’t think of the things you had, but the times you had.
Some things Americans take for granted, foreigners find strange, hilarious and sometimes offensive. Read on to see how thankful we should be for the things we have.
You patiently wait seven years for a bad debt to fall off your credit history. But just as it’s about to happen, one collection agency sells the debt to another and it reappears. Can they do that?
This week: The worst tax moves you can make, decorating on a dime, knowing what you don’t know, fighting to stay in the middle class, and how women can beat the pay gap.
When it comes to saving for college, there are lots of options to study. Here are the basics of what you need to know.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- The 15 Best Jobs for Young Adults
- Why There’s a Great Chance You Used Facebook on Monday
- Now Hear This: You Can Save Hundreds on Hearing Aids
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?