This week: How student loan debt is destroying would-be entrepreneurs, how you’re rinsing and spitting money down the drain, tricks to save on overseas travel, credit score killers and the world’s craziest frugal hotels.
Author Archives: Stacy Johnson
A reader wants to leave her money to her kids, but she’s afraid they’ll blow it. It’s a common problem, and one without an ideal solution.
This week: Why some hate the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, why you underestimate costs, the best and worst generic buys, advanced dumpster diving and yard sale etiquette.
You’d assume that if the money in your IRA or 401(k) is stolen, you’re covered. Bad assumption. If you’ve got any kind of brokerage account, stop what you’re doing and read this.
This week: Ways to ditch the 6 percent agent fee when selling your house, the value of hiring a semi-pro, money moves for LGBT couples, the case for buying a drone and more.
A reader wants to pursue a career as an active trader and investor. Can he do it? Sure, at least theoretically.
This week: Truisms about retirement that are no longer true, what if you’ve hidden debt from your partner, how to handle income disparity in marriage,10 awesome sayings about savings and more.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- The 15 Best Jobs for Young Adults
- Why There’s a Great Chance You Used Facebook on Monday
- Now Hear This: You Can Save Hundreds on Hearing Aids
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?