It’s a common situation: You take out joint credit or co-sign a loan, then wish you hadn’t. What can be done? Usually, not much. But there may be hope.
Author Archives: Stacy Johnson
Consumers are responsible for about two-thirds of the U.S. economy, so the more we spend, the better for everyone. But I’ve got to tell you: I’m not doing my part. Not even close.
This week: More than 100 frugal Christmas gift ideas, tailgating at home, important financial tasks, sacrificing for financial freedom, and decluttering your home in 10 minutes.
A reader is faced with something many of us have encountered: risking our credit to help out a loved one. Is it ever OK?
This week: How to get free or cheap Internet, how to organize your bills, splurges that make sense, top money questions and answers, and why sometimes when it comes to gasoline, cheaper is more expensive.
You’ve probably heard of annuities, but are they an investment to consider? Judge for yourself after you read this brief primer.
This week: money-saving advice from Grandma, why you should be careful when you tweet about your job, how to end trolling and online hate speech, cheap natural products for personal care, and 15 ideas for a Halloween party.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?
- Ask Stacy: The Market Looks Scary – Should I Sell My Stocks Now?
- Clean Energy Tax Credits Mostly Benefit the Wealthy, Report Says
- These 5 Industries Offer the Best 401(k) Plans