This week: ending self-sabotage, teaching your kids about money, lowering your life insurance premiums, taking money advice from your spouse, and 30 signs you were raised by frugal parents.
Author Archives: Stacy Johnson
When you want to stop using a credit card, you just cut it up, right? Not quite. Here’s how to do it right.
This week: why it’s OK to pay $200 for a haircut, how inflation helps the rich, why credit cards aren’t evil, 29 work-from-home careers, and 10 things you didn’t learn in college but should have.
More and more people are dumping pay TV and opting for online viewing instead. But to make it work, you’ll need a fast Internet connection. Here are your choices, with the pros and cons of each.
This week: how to preserve old photos, how to buy an inexpensive mattress, how to make a month of lunches for $7, five habits for success, and are prepaid cards worse than direct deposit?
Shopping for a house is more fun than shopping for a mortgage, but if you do it right, mortgage shopping isn’t that hard and can pay off big-time. Here’s how.
This week: How to save on kids ages 0-18, how cutting the cable saves more than just money, how to get a loan with bad credit, how to save when you’re pregnant, and why there are so many credit scores.
- 5 Changes That Could Slash Heart Disease Deaths by Half
- This U.S. City Has the Priciest Hotel Rates in the World
- And the No. 1 Country for Female Entrepreneurs Is …
- Deals and Steals: What to Buy in July
- 6 Ways to Keep Bad Credit From Killing a Small Business Dream
- America’s Best Loved — and Most Loathed — Fast-Food Chains
- ’99 Percent’ Did Well Last Year, But Still Lagged Wealthy
- What the Same-Sex Marriage Ruling Has to Do With the U.S. Economy
- 15 Ways to Save Big on Your Dream Wedding
- More Than One-Third of Wealthy Lack Estate Plans
- The Highest-Paid Celebrities in the World
- 13 Ways to Clip the Cost of Child Care
- Men Vs. Women: Who Brings More Debt to Relationships?
- More Than Half of Americans Delaying Life Decisions
- 7 Tips to Fly Hassle-Free With Your Pet
- Looking to Ditch Cable? Hulu’s Got a Deal for You
- 20 Odd Ways to Make Extra Money
- Supreme Court Upholds Health Insurance Subsidies
- The Cars That Best Retain Their Value
- 3 Out of 4 Americans Waste Food — and Money