This week: information on tipping, transferring credit card balances, food stamps for pets, low-income homebuying and controlling toy clutter.
Author Archives: Stacy Johnson
A reader wants her representative and senators to know what she’s thinking. You should too. Here’s how to get in touch with everyone from President Obama to your state representative.
This week: How to entertain yourself for $10 or less, how to find a job that isn’t advertised, how to pay less for funerals, why you should quit your job, and why you’ll never get rich by budgeting.
This reader has enough in savings to pay off her mortgage, but hesitates to drain her savings to do it. The math is simple, but the answer isn’t.
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: how to make money with your friends, how the Internet can make you richer, how to save at baseball games, how to improve your home for less than $100, and how five guys became famous investors.
This reader’s brother is like many people I’ve heard from: barely making minimum payments and unable to save for emergencies. If that’s you or someone you know, here are your options.
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: the cheapest places for generic drugs, 20 real work-from-home jobs, rental scams, getting the best life insurance, and saving on spring cleaning.
- What Costco’s New Visa Deal Means for You
- FTC Hammers Scammers Trying to ‘Fly Under the Radar’ With Spanish Ads
- 5 Myths About Women and Money
- ‘Alice in Wonderland’ Turns 150: Enjoy the Classic, Plus Film and Digital Spinoffs for Free
- 5 Ways to Game Yourself Into Saving Cash
- Lawmakers Move to Improve Benefits of College Savings Plans
- 1 in 5 Americans Plan to Work Till They Die
- Young and Crazy Rich: List Names Record Number of Billionaires Under Age 40
- 8 Ways to Bounce Back From Financial Disaster
- This Simple Idea Could Cut Costs for College Students Across the US
- Report Names ‘Terrible 10′ States Where Taxes Hit Average Americans Hardest
- Want a Job After College? Majors Most Likely to Get You There, and Not
- Tax Hacks 2015: Can’t Pay Your Taxes? Here’s What to Do
- Correcting Mistakes After You File: Amended Tax Returns
- 28 Ways to Save Big Bucks on Pet Supplies
- Be Nice: Your Uber Driver Is Giving You a Passenger Rating
- Bank Branches Disappearing Across the United States
- FTC: Identity Theft Is Consumers’ Top Complaint; Imposters on the Rise
- Land a Mortgage Like a Pro: Three Easy Steps
- Coming Soon: Grocery Store Beacons That Send You Discounts, Aisle by Aisle