Investing in stocks isn’t nearly as complicated as Wall Street wants you to believe. Proof: I can tell you everything you need to know in one short article.
Author Archives: Stacy Johnson
This week: how to use your retirement savings to buy a house, how to stay wealthy, why men make more than women, how to start a business with no money, and a comprehensive list of savings for seniors.
A reader has been advised to file bankruptcy, but doesn’t feel right about avoiding her debts. Should she feel guilty about filing bankruptcy? Would you?
This week: how to budget if you hate budgeting, how to strike out on your own, how to fix your credit, how to handle medical debt, and how to recognize and deal with lifestyle inflation.
A reader wants to get out of a timeshare she says was falsely advertised. If you’ve ever considered a timeshare, or know someone who has, here’s what you need to know.
Thursday’s sell-off was scary. But reacting to daily ups and downs is the mother of bad decisions.
This week: networking mistakes to avoid, how credit scores are like cats, how to bust out of a rut, tricks to save in college, and making money by blogging.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- The 15 Best Jobs for Young Adults
- Why There’s a Great Chance You Used Facebook on Monday
- Now Hear This: You Can Save Hundreds on Hearing Aids
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?