What new grads wish they’d learned about money, how to live rent-free, how to make a profit buying and selling books, things people do to kill time at work and more.
Author Archives: Stacy Johnson
This reader filed for bankruptcy and wonders if a secured credit card will help him rebuild his credit. Here’s the answer for him, as well as anyone looking to build, or rebuild, their credit.
This week: Things you’re forgetting to clean, how banks are screwing college students, an epic summer adventure idea, how to declutter your kids rooms and how to live on $12,000 a year.
Worried about keeping the kids busy this summer without breaking the bank? From free movies to no-cost bowling and gratis books, there’s something on this list for everyone.
If you’re still buying glasses the traditional way, you’re likely paying twice as much as you should. Here’s where to get the best deals on every kind of glasses, from reading to sun.
This week: Saving on group vacations, moving for less, dealing with debt collectors, how men and women view money differently and how to get a human to say yes to a credit card when a computer says no.
If you’re having trouble paying off credit card debt, you’re not alone. There are plenty of companies out there promising to help, but can they be trusted?
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- The 15 Best Jobs for Young Adults
- Why There’s a Great Chance You Used Facebook on Monday
- Now Hear This: You Can Save Hundreds on Hearing Aids
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?