Nearly half of Americans in their 30s and 40s have lived together in a romantic relationship. While that may make for a happy couple, it can lead to money misery.
Author Archives: Stacy Johnson
A reader recently received a bill in the mail from 2006. Does she have to pay?
This week: information on tipping, transferring credit card balances, food stamps for pets, low-income homebuying and controlling toy clutter.
A reader wants her representative and senators to know what she’s thinking. You should too. Here’s how to get in touch with everyone from President Obama to your state representative.
This week: How to entertain yourself for $10 or less, how to find a job that isn’t advertised, how to pay less for funerals, why you should quit your job, and why you’ll never get rich by budgeting.
This reader has enough in savings to pay off her mortgage, but hesitates to drain her savings to do it. The math is simple, but the answer isn’t.
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: how to make money with your friends, how the Internet can make you richer, how to save at baseball games, how to improve your home for less than $100, and how five guys became famous investors.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- The 15 Best Jobs for Young Adults
- Why There’s a Great Chance You Used Facebook on Monday
- Now Hear This: You Can Save Hundreds on Hearing Aids
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?