If you’re having trouble paying off credit card debt, you’re not alone. There are plenty of companies out there promising to help, but can they be trusted?
Author Archives: Stacy Johnson
While the best things in life are always free, so is lots of other stuff. If you want to find some extra money in your budget, stop paying for things you could get for nothing.
We’re trying to name our latest consumer resource. Offer an opinion and you might win a T-shirt guaranteed to turn heads.
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: supercharging productivity, finding financial security, retirement planning, the American balance sheet, and lifestyle creep.
For years it’s been common practice for banks to clear checks and debit card transactions to maximize overdraft charges. Is it legal?
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: achieving more, putting retirement first, election season economics, most common money problems, and diminished sensitivity.
Ready to make some easy money for a change? Here’s a list of popular ploys you can use to separate your fellow humans from their hard-earned cash.
- Pop Quiz: Is it better to have a tax credit or a tax deduction?
- Java Hack: Coffee Lovers Outsmart Keurig’s K-Cup Technology
- Today’s Deals: Friday, Dec. 19
- Still Shopping for Christmas? 10 Last-Minute Money-Saving Tips
- Consumer Reports Doesn’t Recommend Gift Cards — Here’s Why
- Here’s Why We Have a Lawless Gotcha Capitalism Economy
- 9 Christmas Gifts That Keep Giving All Year
- The 10 Commandments of Wealth and Happiness
- Take 5: A Roundup of Reads From Around the Web
- Pop Quiz: Is It Better to Have a Tax Credit or a Tax Deduction?
- 10 Tips for Throwing an Awesome, but Cheap, New Year’s Eve Party
- 15 Tips for Taking Fabulous Smartphone Photos
- 5 Sneaky Jeweler Tricks of the Trade
- Your Next Loan Shouldn’t Be From a Bank
- The Gift That Doesn’t Need Batteries, Never Breaks and Can Change a Kid’s Life
- Shopping for Your Guy? Here Are 10 Things NOT to Buy
- 10 Awesome Yet Affordable Teacher Gifts
- Shopping For Your Girl? Avoid Everything on This List
- Should You Get a Store Credit Card?
- Should You Tip Your Garbage Man? 9 Rules for Holiday Tipping
- 10 Great Kid Gifts for Less Than $10
- 12 Ways to Save on Holiday Travel
- Year-End Review: 9 Tips to Cut Homeowners Insurance Costs
- Get Free Car Repairs with Secret Warranties
- Year-End Review: 10 Tips to Cut Car Insurance Costs
- 5 Types of Consumer Reports You Don’t Know About
- Don’t Get Scrooged by These 20 Holiday Scams
- 7 Foolproof Organizing Tricks You Don’t Know
- 6 Tips to Donate to Charity the Smart Way