Even if you’re not one of the millions affected, there are lessons to be learned from Superstorm Sandy. Like what’s covered, what’s not, and how to deal with your insurance company.
Author Archives: Stacy Johnson
This reader is upset because he has three vastly different scores depending on the provider. Wait till he finds out he probably has closer to 50.
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: today’s investing landscape, sneaky fees, credit card spending, beating gas prices, and how to negotiate pretty much anything.
This retired couple needs more income from their IRA, but they can’t afford to take any risk. What should they do?
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: free college, financial checkup, Social Security myths, banking fees, and things you should never keep in your wallet.
This reader is expecting some money soon, but she wants to buy a house before it even arrives. She needs to take a breath.
Last week we asked you for ideas to name the latest addition to Money Talks News: short stories, filed throughout the day. We have a winner!
- 5 Myths About Women and Money
- ‘Alice in Wonderland’ Turns 150: Enjoy the Classic, Plus Film and Digital Spinoffs for Free
- 5 Ways to Game Yourself Into Saving Cash
- Lawmakers Move to Improve Benefits of College Savings Plans
- 1 in 5 Americans Plan to Work Till They Die
- Young and Crazy Rich: List Names Record Number of Billionaires Under Age 40
- 8 Ways to Bounce Back From Financial Disaster
- This Simple Idea Could Cut Costs for College Students Across the US
- Report Names ‘Terrible 10′ States Where Taxes Hit Average Americans Hardest
- Want a Job After College? Majors Most Likely to Get You There, and Not
- Tax Hacks 2015: Can’t Pay Your Taxes? Here’s What to Do
- Correcting Mistakes After You File: Amended Tax Returns
- 28 Ways to Save Big Bucks on Pet Supplies
- Be Nice: Your Uber Driver Is Giving You a Passenger Rating
- Bank Branches Disappearing Across the United States
- FTC: Identity Theft Is Consumers’ Top Complaint; Imposters on the Rise
- Land a Mortgage Like a Pro: Three Easy Steps
- Coming Soon: Grocery Store Beacons That Send You Discounts, Aisle by Aisle
- Who’s Downsizing? Not These Retirees
- Trip Tips to Cut the Cost of Spring Break in Half