Can you cut the cable and ditch the dish without sacrificing selection? Yes. And there’s more than one way to do it.
Author Archives: Stacy Johnson
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: saving on Fridays, saving with Foursquare, saving by stopping, saving with generics, and cooking verrry slowly.
There’s a guy making the talk-show circuit who wants you to believe he can help you win the lottery. Don’t bet on it.
Life insurance isn’t to protect you, it’s to protect those you love. If those you love don’t need protection, then you don’t need life insurance. There’s a right time to skip the premiums and spend them on yourself!
The unfolding LIBOR scandal may make Bernie Madoff look like a Girl Scout. If you haven’t taken the time to understand it, you should. Madoff catered to a handful of wealthy investors, but this outrage may have affected millions worldwide – including you.
If you rely on online interest rate searches to give you the best rates on savings accounts, mortgages, car loans, or credit cards, you really need to read this.
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: eating cool, cleaning cleverly, camping frugally, laughing scornfully, and celebrity-watching graphically.
- 9 Things Beginning Investors Don’t Know But Should
- Pop Quiz: Does Your Debt Disappear After the Statute of Limitations Runs Out?
- 5 Tricks Department Stores Use to Get You to Spend More
- 8 Simple, No-Cost Moves That Will Absolutely, Positively Make You Richer
- Speed Up Your Savings Goals by Defragging Your Budget
- How They Make Fast Food Look So Good
- 6 Steps That Will Stop You From Blowing Your Holiday Budget This Year
- 10 Mistakes That Can Double Your Tech Spending
- Can Ride-Sharing Provide an ‘Uber-Lyft’ to Your Income?
- 7 Secret Tactics Warehouse Stores Don’t Want You To Know
- When You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Join ‘Em: Buy the Companies You Hate
- How to Get a Patent for Your Big Idea in 7 Steps
- Cheap Car Fixes That Will Easily Pay For Themselves
- The Best and Worst Things to Buy in November
- Does Money Lingo Make Your Head Spin? Here’s What It Really Means
- 6 Ways to Ensure You’ll Have Enough Money in Retirement
- Pop Quiz: Can You Profit When Stocks Fall?
- A Simple Way to Invest Your Retirement Savings
- 14 Creative Ways to Date When Money’s Tight
- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?