A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: generic vs. name-brand, avoiding private mortgage insurance, helping your kids grow up self-reliant, using grocery-delivery services, and alternative uses for things in your bathroom.
Author Archives: Stacy Johnson
You can improve your credit history and score by disputing negatives. But there’s a catch…
I’ve written and produced 3,000 personal finance TV news stories, written countless articles, and learned things along the way, including some you’re unlikely to read elsewhere.
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: fast food to stay away from, body parts that can make you money, personal stories of debt, and what to spend on an engagement ring.
There are few purchases more costly, or emotional, than buying a home. Here’s how to do the math to see what you can afford, workarounds if you don’t have enough, and a reminder to keep your ego on the sidelines.
There are lots of fixes for a bad credit score, from lowering your credit utilization ratio to raising your on-time performance. But the most effective thing you can do? Pay your bills on time and be patient.
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: how to end the day both happy and wealthy, how to save while camping, how to sleep more, why jets and bikinis don’t mix, and an Olympic round-up.
- Pop Quiz: Is it better to have a tax credit or a tax deduction?
- Java Hack: Coffee Lovers Outsmart Keurig’s K-Cup Technology
- The 10 Commandments of Wealth and Happiness
- Today’s Deals: Friday, Dec. 19
- Still Shopping for Christmas? 10 Last-Minute Money-Saving Tips
- Consumer Reports Doesn’t Recommend Gift Cards — Here’s Why
- 18 Christmas Gifts for the Travel Lover on Your List
- Here’s Why We Have a Lawless Gotcha Capitalism Economy
- Today’s Deals: Saturday, Dec. 20
- 9 Christmas Gifts That Keep Giving All Year
- The Most Irritating Airline Passengers Have Been Identified
- Pop Quiz: Is It Better to Have a Tax Credit or a Tax Deduction?
- 10 Tips for Throwing an Awesome, but Cheap, New Year’s Eve Party
- 15 Tips for Taking Fabulous Smartphone Photos
- 5 Sneaky Jeweler Tricks of the Trade
- Your Next Loan Shouldn’t Be From a Bank
- The Gift That Doesn’t Need Batteries, Never Breaks and Can Change a Kid’s Life
- Shopping for Your Guy? Here Are 10 Things NOT to Buy
- 10 Awesome Yet Affordable Teacher Gifts
- Shopping For Your Girl? Avoid Everything on This List
- Should You Get a Store Credit Card?
- Should You Tip Your Garbage Man? 9 Rules for Holiday Tipping
- 10 Great Kid Gifts for Less Than $10
- 12 Ways to Save on Holiday Travel
- Year-End Review: 9 Tips to Cut Homeowners Insurance Costs
- Get Free Car Repairs with Secret Warranties
- Year-End Review: 10 Tips to Cut Car Insurance Costs
- 5 Types of Consumer Reports You Don’t Know About
- Don’t Get Scrooged by These 20 Holiday Scams
- 7 Foolproof Organizing Tricks You Don’t Know
- 6 Tips to Donate to Charity the Smart Way