A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: online safety, Social Security misconceptions, natural disasters not covered in your homeowners policy, debt consolidation tips, and mistakes to avoid when selling your home.
Author Archives: Stacy Johnson
This reader would like to have a budget, but like lots of self-employed Americans, doesn’t have a steady income. Here are three steps to take control of your financial future with irregular earnings.
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: hidden spending habits, daily deal site warning, downsizing your life, dangerous financial products, and the cheapest cars for 2013.
This reader is steamed that I charge so much for the digital editions of my books. E-books eliminate expenses ranging from paper to shipping – shouldn’t they cost less than their paper cousins?
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: tips for an organized year, bargain-hunting resolutions, six-figure jobs without a degree, money arguments in relationships, and states with the lowest cost of living.
Whether it’s print or video, for decades we’ve been offering specific tips to help you save more, spend less, and avoid rip-offs. Of the nearly 200 videos we produced in 2012, here’s a recap of the 10 that earned the most views…
This reader is like a lot of us – making a resolution is easy, but making it happen? Not so much. But whatever your resolutions this year, if they involve money, read this.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- The 15 Best Jobs for Young Adults
- Why There’s a Great Chance You Used Facebook on Monday
- Now Hear This: You Can Save Hundreds on Hearing Aids
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?