If you rely on online interest rate searches to give you the best rates on savings accounts, mortgages, car loans, or credit cards, you really need to read this.
Author Archives: Stacy Johnson
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: eating cool, cleaning cleverly, camping frugally, laughing scornfully, and celebrity-watching graphically.
If you can refinance a $200,000, 30-year mortgage from 7 percent to 4 percent, you’ll end up $135,000 richer. But refinancing these days is a minefield. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could pick up the phone and call an expert for free help to get it done? As it happens, you can. Here’s some advice and an 800 number.
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: getting the kids out of the house, getting yourself out of town, getting your stuff recycled, getting gas for less, and getting down to business with Pinterest.
This reader gets harassed by collection agencies seeking other people with the same name. But whether collection calls are legitimate or not, here’s how to make them stop.
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: eating quick and healthy, gardening with diapers, advertising your rental, getting your teen a bank account, and laughing at Amazon.
As you celebrate our nation’s independence day, maybe you should be thinking of your own. Are you getting closer to financial freedom? If not, here are some tips that will take you there.
- Pop Quiz: Is it better to have a tax credit or a tax deduction?
- Java Hack: Coffee Lovers Outsmart Keurig’s K-Cup Technology
- The 10 Commandments of Wealth and Happiness
- 18 Christmas Gifts for the Travel Lover on Your List
- Today’s Deals: Saturday, Dec. 20
- Still Shopping for Christmas? 10 Last-Minute Money-Saving Tips
- Today’s Deals: Friday, Dec. 19
- Consumer Reports Doesn’t Recommend Gift Cards — Here’s Why
- Here’s Why We Have a Lawless Gotcha Capitalism Economy
- The Most Irritating Airline Passengers Have Been Identified
- 9 Christmas Gifts That Keep Giving All Year
- Pop Quiz: Is It Better to Have a Tax Credit or a Tax Deduction?
- 10 Tips for Throwing an Awesome, but Cheap, New Year’s Eve Party
- 15 Tips for Taking Fabulous Smartphone Photos
- 5 Sneaky Jeweler Tricks of the Trade
- Your Next Loan Shouldn’t Be From a Bank
- The Gift That Doesn’t Need Batteries, Never Breaks and Can Change a Kid’s Life
- Shopping for Your Guy? Here Are 10 Things NOT to Buy
- 10 Awesome Yet Affordable Teacher Gifts
- Shopping For Your Girl? Avoid Everything on This List
- Should You Get a Store Credit Card?
- Should You Tip Your Garbage Man? 9 Rules for Holiday Tipping
- 10 Great Kid Gifts for Less Than $10
- 12 Ways to Save on Holiday Travel
- Year-End Review: 9 Tips to Cut Homeowners Insurance Costs
- Get Free Car Repairs with Secret Warranties
- Year-End Review: 10 Tips to Cut Car Insurance Costs
- 5 Types of Consumer Reports You Don’t Know About
- Don’t Get Scrooged by These 20 Holiday Scams
- 7 Foolproof Organizing Tricks You Don’t Know
- 6 Tips to Donate to Charity the Smart Way