This reader filed for bankruptcy and wonders if a secured credit card will help him rebuild his credit. Here’s the answer for him, as well as anyone looking to build, or rebuild, their credit.
Author Archives: Stacy Johnson
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: holiday scams, tips to get richer in 2013, maintaining motivation, money visualizations, and cheap eats.
I mentioned in a recent article that my wife and I had traveled to Europe for nearly two weeks with only one carry-on each. This reader wants specifics on how we did it.
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: saving for retirement, landing a job quickly, designing a lucky life, recession takeaways, and unusual investments.
This reader wants to buy a classic car, but he’s concerned it will use too much gas. He shouldn’t be.
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: why you should check your credit report, tips to boost longevity, money and marriage advice, free activities, and ways people make money troubles worse.
Listen to network news, and you may think there are experts who can improve your odds of winning the lottery. Hogwash.
- Fannie, Freddie CEOs Get $3.4 Million Raises
- Full-Service Restaurants Can Be Worse for Health Than Fast Food
- Are Airlines Conspiring to Keep Plane Tickets Costly?
- 10 Things To Know Before You Book a Cruise
- 5 Changes That Could Slash Heart Disease Deaths by Half
- This U.S. City Has the Priciest Hotel Rates in the World
- And the No. 1 Country for Female Entrepreneurs Is …
- Deals and Steals: What to Buy in July
- 6 Ways to Keep Bad Credit From Killing a Small Business Dream
- America’s Best Loved — and Most Loathed — Fast-Food Chains
- ’99 Percent’ Did Well Last Year, But Still Lagged Wealthy
- What the Same-Sex Marriage Ruling Has to Do With the U.S. Economy
- 15 Ways to Save Big on Your Dream Wedding
- More Than One-Third of Wealthy Lack Estate Plans
- The Highest-Paid Celebrities in the World
- 13 Ways to Clip the Cost of Child Care
- Men Vs. Women: Who Brings More Debt to Relationships?
- More Than Half of Americans Delaying Life Decisions
- 7 Tips to Fly Hassle-Free With Your Pet
- Looking to Ditch Cable? Hulu’s Got a Deal for You