Fail to get every dime your employer offers in matching money, and you’re turning down free money. Here’s how to figure out how to get your max match, and why you should contribute even if you don’t get matching money.
Author Archives: Stacy Johnson
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: daily deal sites, profitable part-time jobs, building your credit history, protecting yourself against thieves, and advice for managing money.
This reader needs some extra income, but is understandably afraid of Internet ads that might be scams. There are legitimate work-from-home jobs, but approach carefully.
Sure, you’ll find great prices on Black Friday. But you can sleep in, beat the crowds, and still find plenty of ways to save.
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: improving work days, a better way to achieve goals, the growing cost of college, gift card tips, and practicing financial skills.
An Obama victory means higher taxes. Or does it?
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: free money, the benefits of inconvenience, landing a higher salary, defining financial success, and saving more.
- How to Pick the Best Credit Union for You
- 10 Things We Spend Way Too Much On, and Cheaper Alternatives
- Fannie, Freddie CEOs Get $3.4 Million Raises
- Full-Service Restaurants Can Be Worse for Health Than Fast Food
- Are Airlines Conspiring to Keep Plane Tickets Costly?
- 10 Things To Know Before You Book a Cruise
- 5 Changes That Could Slash Heart Disease Deaths by Half
- This U.S. City Has the Priciest Hotel Rates in the World
- And the No. 1 Country for Female Entrepreneurs Is …
- Deals and Steals: What to Buy in July
- 6 Ways to Keep Bad Credit From Killing a Small Business Dream
- America’s Best Loved — and Most Loathed — Fast-Food Chains
- ’99 Percent’ Did Well Last Year, But Still Lagged Wealthy
- What the Same-Sex Marriage Ruling Has to Do With the U.S. Economy
- 15 Ways to Save Big on Your Dream Wedding
- More Than One-Third of Wealthy Lack Estate Plans
- The Highest-Paid Celebrities in the World
- 13 Ways to Clip the Cost of Child Care
- Men Vs. Women: Who Brings More Debt to Relationships?
- More Than Half of Americans Delaying Life Decisions