Unless Congress acts, $600 billion of spending cuts and tax hikes will take effect in 2013. It could derail the economy and tank the stock market. This reader is worried about what’s going to happen. So am I.
Author Archives: Stacy Johnson
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: how to sell a used car safely, how to argue about money and happiness, how to save at thrift stores, how to save in the supermarket, and how to drink weird but tasty concoctions at home.
This reader has an excellent credit history and score, but the man she’s about to marry doesn’t. How can she help him?
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: cheap ways to keep kids happy, how to stay friends when one makes more money, signs your parents raised you right, learning about WOSBs, and another reason to hate the cable company.
Getting older definitely isn’t making me better-looking, but at least it’s making me wiser. Here’s what I’ve learned about money that you should too.
Do you still have to admit to a bankruptcy after it no longer appears on your credit report?
If you’d like to spend more of your life at leisure and less at labor, here are some simple tips to make it happen.
- Get a Designer Kitchen for Pennies on the Dollar
- The Top 5 Job Interview Deal-Breakers
- 7 Fitness Apps That Save You Time and Money
- Are Hospitals Ditching Lower-Income Patients for Richer Ones?
- Move Over, Fake IRS Agents: There’s a New Scammer in Town
- 12 Ways to Avoid Obnoxious (and Growing) Hotel Fees
- 85 Uses for Baking Soda — and How it Could Save Your Life
- 40 Universities Control Two-Thirds of Higher-Ed Money
- The 10 Best-Paying Employers in the Country
- Verizon to Let You Choose and Change Channels Monthly
- How Good is Your Hospital? Find Out
- 9 Great Apps for Sports Fans
- 7 Things Worth Paying More For
- Air Travel Isn’t Fun, and It’s Getting Worse
- Who Needs Groceries When You Can Eat Out?
- 13 Steps to Finding an Honest Auto Mechanic
- Your Phone Can Be a Real Pain in the Butt
- 13 Fitness Hacks That Can Simplify Your Workouts
- 7 Tips for Buying a Boat Without Sinking Your Finances
- The Cost of Attending Weddings (Not Your Own) Soars