A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: the best big box, the worst car-dealer tactics, the crap you don’t need, the home repair advice you do need, and why it doesn’t matter how much it costs to live in your city.
Author Archives: Stacy Johnson
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: generic vs. name-brand, avoiding private mortgage insurance, helping your kids grow up self-reliant, using grocery-delivery services, and alternative uses for things in your bathroom.
You can improve your credit history and score by disputing negatives. But there’s a catch…
I’ve written and produced 3,000 personal finance TV news stories, written countless articles, and learned things along the way, including some you’re unlikely to read elsewhere.
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: fast food to stay away from, body parts that can make you money, personal stories of debt, and what to spend on an engagement ring.
There are few purchases more costly, or emotional, than buying a home. Here’s how to do the math to see what you can afford, workarounds if you don’t have enough, and a reminder to keep your ego on the sidelines.
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: how to end the day both happy and wealthy, how to save while camping, how to sleep more, why jets and bikinis don’t mix, and an Olympic round-up.
- Despite Its Benefits, Fewer Americans Are Volunteering
- 8 Credit Score Myths: Fact vs. Fiction
- 13 Steps to Hiring a Contractor Who Won’t Rip You Off
- Mortgage Relief Scammers Barred From the Market
- Lower Your Cable Bill With Techniques A Hostage Negotiator Uses
- Refurbished Electronics 101: How to Save Up To 50 Percent
- 7 Dumb (Expensive) Moves Homebuyers Make
- 33 Uses for Baby Oil (Most of Which Don’t Involve Babies)
- Antibiotic Use in Meat Production Soars, Despite Health Risks
- Shopped at RadioShack? Your Customer Info Is Up for Grabs
- Think Weddings Are Expensive Now? Just Wait
- How to Make Money Writing and Publishing Books
- 7 Reasons Cremation is Becoming America’s Favorite Last Act
- Under Economic Pressure, Students Choose College Majors Early
- Ask Stacy: Quitting Smoking Saves Me $150 a Week; How Can I Invest It?
- 10 Ways to Save When Your Teen Starts Driving
- Want to Seduce a Meat Lover? Try BK Burger Cologne
- Researcher: 5 Ways Obamacare Has Improved US Health System
- Wage Race? Target Raises Minimum Hourly Pay, Matching Rivals
- 15 Things Every Online Dater Should Know