These readers are concerned about the high cost of moving. They’re right to worry. Follow these 10 tips to make your next move as cheap and stress-free as possible.
Author Archives: Stacy Johnson
This week: A look at frugality vs. stealing, why you should wear the same outfit every day, old — but valuable — stuff you should sell, how to cool off without AC and fun facts about money.
What will you do for a regular monthly income when you retire? Annuities provide one possible answer, but they’re not for everyone.
This week: How to keep your job hunt secret, how you’re wasting more than money at Starbucks, interview tips that generate offers, how making excuses holds you back and whether you should rent or own your next home.
Living a debt-free life is important, especially as you approach retirement. But there are worse things than debt.
Life hacks to master before you’re 30, why you should shop around, 5 things to know about jury duty, how to buy a new computer and sell your old one and why you shouldn’t pick stocks.
There are lots of ways to make extra money, including the time-tested method of network or multilevel marketing. Is it for you?
- You Probably Pay Too Much for These 10 Things
- Liar, Liar: Most Cosmetic Product Claims Deemed False
- Are SATs on the Way Out at Colleges?
- Approval Process for Marijuana Apps Often Hazy
- You Can Battle Hair Loss, But It’s Not Cheap
- Mortgage Servicer Slapped for Fake ‘Equity Accelerator’ Program
- 8 Air Conditioner Parts You Can’t Afford to Neglect
- Rents Won’t Drop Soon — Just the Opposite, Experts Say
- Super Bowl Commercials to Break Key Barrier
- Say Goodbye to These 4 eBay Features
- Successfully Negotiate Your Medical Bills in 7 Simple Steps
- Can Hormone Therapy Turn Back the Ticking Clock?
- Now Might Be the Best Time to Upgrade Your Apple iPhone
- How Marital Status Affects Your Car Insurance Bill
- Ask Stacy: What Happens If My Investment Account Is Hacked?
- Why Even the Wealthy are Biting Their Nails Over Retirement
- Move to This State and Improve Your Financial Health
- Products That Keep Pets Safe When They Ride in Your Car
- 8 Steps to Save Big at CVS
- Love vs. Loans: How Student Debt Sabotages Relationships