A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: eating cool, cleaning cleverly, camping frugally, laughing scornfully, and celebrity-watching graphically.
Author Archives: Stacy Johnson
If you can refinance a $200,000, 30-year mortgage from 7 percent to 4 percent, you’ll end up $135,000 richer. But refinancing these days is a minefield. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could pick up the phone and call an expert for free help to get it done? As it happens, you can. Here’s some advice and an 800 number.
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: getting the kids out of the house, getting yourself out of town, getting your stuff recycled, getting gas for less, and getting down to business with Pinterest.
This reader gets harassed by collection agencies seeking other people with the same name. But whether collection calls are legitimate or not, here’s how to make them stop.
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: eating quick and healthy, gardening with diapers, advertising your rental, getting your teen a bank account, and laughing at Amazon.
As you celebrate our nation’s independence day, maybe you should be thinking of your own. Are you getting closer to financial freedom? If not, here are some tips that will take you there.
In 2014, the Affordable Care Act will force insurance companies to insure everyone. So why not just drop your health coverage, pay the penalty, then buy insurance if you get sick? Check out this exchange on health care reform between me and a reader.
- Lawmakers Move to Improve Benefits of College Savings Plans
- 1 in 5 Americans Plan to Work Till They Die
- Young and Crazy Rich: List Names Record Number of Billionaires Under Age 40
- 8 Ways to Bounce Back From Financial Disaster
- This Simple Idea Could Cut Costs for College Students Across the US
- Report Names ‘Terrible 10′ States Where Taxes Hit Average Americans Hardest
- Want a Job After College? Majors Most Likely to Get You There, and Not
- Tax Hacks 2015: Can’t Pay Your Taxes? Here’s What to Do
- Correcting Mistakes After You File: Amended Tax Returns
- 28 Ways to Save Big Bucks on Pet Supplies
- Be Nice: Your Uber Driver Is Giving You a Passenger Rating
- Bank Branches Disappearing Across the United States
- FTC: Identity Theft Is Consumers’ Top Complaint; Imposters on the Rise
- Land a Mortgage Like a Pro: Three Easy Steps
- Coming Soon: Grocery Store Beacons That Send You Discounts, Aisle by Aisle
- Who’s Downsizing? Not These Retirees
- Trip Tips to Cut the Cost of Spring Break in Half
- How to Navigate Deceptive Car Ads and Avoid Rip-Offs
- Where to Sell Your Stuff for Top Dollar
- Medical ID Theft Cost Americans $20 Billion in 2014