Twenty-five years ago the stock market lost more than 20 percent of its value in just one day. History? Yes. But also a good learning experience.
Author Archives: Stacy Johnson
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: safeguarding your career move, the election and taxes, making your hobby profitable, investment strategies, and avoiding the stress of meal planning.
Even if you’re not one of the millions affected, there are lessons to be learned from Superstorm Sandy. Like what’s covered, what’s not, and how to deal with your insurance company.
This reader is upset because he has three vastly different scores depending on the provider. Wait till he finds out he probably has closer to 50.
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: today’s investing landscape, sneaky fees, credit card spending, beating gas prices, and how to negotiate pretty much anything.
This retired couple needs more income from their IRA, but they can’t afford to take any risk. What should they do?
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: free college, financial checkup, Social Security myths, banking fees, and things you should never keep in your wallet.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- The 15 Best Jobs for Young Adults
- Why There’s a Great Chance You Used Facebook on Monday
- Now Hear This: You Can Save Hundreds on Hearing Aids
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?