In 2014, the Affordable Care Act will force insurance companies to insure everyone. So why not just drop your health coverage, pay the penalty, then buy insurance if you get sick? Check out this exchange on health care reform between me and a reader.
Author Archives: Stacy Johnson
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: surviving IKEA, enjoying the beach, savoring happy hour, thinking about salaries, and what Benihana can teach you.
The media is talking about which politicians “won” and “lost” when the Supreme Court ruled on health care reform. But here’s what really matters: how it all affects you.
Live to ride, ride to live. But save a few bucks while you’re at it.
You pay off a credit card debt by settling it for less than you owed. Problem solved? With the debt, yes. With your credit score, no. Here’s how to destroy debts without destroying your score.
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: how to treat summertime ailments, how to send the kids to free movies, how to send yourself overseas, how to paint your house, and how to avoid insurance mishaps.
This reader is tired of fighting a 15 percent interest rate and can’t transfer the balance to a lower-rate credit card. Are they out of luck?
- Despite Its Benefits, Fewer Americans Are Volunteering
- 8 Credit Score Myths: Fact vs. Fiction
- 13 Steps to Hiring a Contractor Who Won’t Rip You Off
- Mortgage Relief Scammers Barred From the Market
- Lower Your Cable Bill With Techniques A Hostage Negotiator Uses
- Refurbished Electronics 101: How to Save Up To 50 Percent
- 7 Dumb (Expensive) Moves Homebuyers Make
- 33 Uses for Baby Oil (Most of Which Don’t Involve Babies)
- Antibiotic Use in Meat Production Soars, Despite Health Risks
- Shopped at RadioShack? Your Customer Info Is Up for Grabs
- Think Weddings Are Expensive Now? Just Wait
- How to Make Money Writing and Publishing Books
- 7 Reasons Cremation is Becoming America’s Favorite Last Act
- Under Economic Pressure, Students Choose College Majors Early
- Ask Stacy: Quitting Smoking Saves Me $150 a Week; How Can I Invest It?
- 10 Ways to Save When Your Teen Starts Driving
- Want to Seduce a Meat Lover? Try BK Burger Cologne
- Researcher: 5 Ways Obamacare Has Improved US Health System
- Wage Race? Target Raises Minimum Hourly Pay, Matching Rivals
- 15 Things Every Online Dater Should Know