- 7 Keys to Dodging Deadly Bacteria That Lurk in Your Food
- You Probably Pay Too Much for These 10 Things
- Beating the Clock: 6 Tips for Getting Value From a Face-Lift
- Top 25 Companies With the Most Work-From-Home Jobs
- Study Proves That Retirement Years (Eventually) Are Golden
- Post Office to Email ‘Sneak Peek’ at Mail Before It Arrives
Classic car lover? Bat Fan? Tune in to this story from the LA Times…
The midnight-black and fluorescent-red-pinstriped car that Adam West’s Batman used to battle villains in Gotham will be up for grabs Jan. 19 at Barrett-Jackson, the Scottsdale, Ariz., rare and classic auto auction house.
There is a reserve price for the car, but neither the auction house nor the car owner, famed car customizer George Barris, would confirm the lowest dollar amount they would accept. Plans for the sale were revealed at the L.A. Auto Show.
“Let’s just say it’s in the multimillions,” said Craig Jackson, chief executive of Barrett-Jackson. “The car is true Americana. It’s hard to put a dollar figure on something like that.”
Hopefully the new owner will, like the current one, use a classic Batman cellphone ringtone. Check out the story for more details on the car’s features and how it was made for TV.