- 10 Things You Should Know about Joining Finances in Marriage
- How to Make Sure Your Data is Wiped from Old Electronics
- Deals and Steals: What to Buy in July
- Employees’ Choice: 8 Worst U.S. Companies as Employers
- 8 Surefire Ways to Get Anyone to Like You in 90 Seconds
- America’s Best Loved — and Most Loathed — Fast-Food Chains
Today explains the survey…
Consumer Reports surveyed more than 9,000 of its readers, asking them to share their diet experiences, weight loss results and overall satisfaction with various diet plans. While people lost “significant” weight on all 13 diet plans in the survey, the highest reader score came from do-it-yourself dieters who used a free calorie-counting/calorie-burning smart phone app called MyFitnessPal.
The app is available for all major devices and helps create a food diary easily by scanning barcodes to pull nutrition information from a database. (You can also search or manually enter info for stuff not yet in the database or that isn’t processed food.)
Among surveyed readers, this DIY diet beat out Weight Watchers and other commercial diets, plus some other free alternatives like Spark People.