- 10 Ways to Get Free Lodging on Your Summer Vacation
- How Americans Rate Their Fiscal and Physical Fitness
- Verizon Deal With HBO: Another Reason to Cut Cable
- 16 Cheap Ways to Get Moving, Feel Younger and Live Longer
- You Probably Pay Too Much for These 10 Things
- Are Your Kids Brats? That Could Pay Off in the Long Run
Best Buy released a too good to be true coupon [on Jan. 22]: Spend a $100 and save $50 automatically when you pay with a MasterCard credit card.
It was a free for all! People were getting gift cards for half the price, people were using the coupons over and over and over again and Best Buy was even letting the coupon work on products that rarely get discounted (the Apple TV, etc.). But it didn’t last forever.
The coupon was supposed to be valid for a week, but they restricted it to one use on one day after people were getting crazy deals like $1,600 in Amazon gift cards for $800. Yes: somebody left Best Buy with an $800 bill for a shopping spree at their competitor. Ouch.