Shoe deals are stellar throughout the season, says DealNews.com, but Cyber Monday often outpaces Black Friday, especially for athletic shoes.
If you’re looking out for somebody’s soles this Christmas, you may want to sidestep Black Friday, says DealNews.com.
Wait for a runup of deals on Cyber Monday, and you’ll feel like you’re walking on air, says the bargain-scouring site and Money Talks News partner. That’s when online retailers will offer the biggest bargains on luxury brands like Jimmy Choo and cut athletic footwear prices to the $20-to-$30 range for pairs of Nike, PUMA and Reebok shoes.
One of the largest online shoe sellers, 6pm, will offer its best coupon of the year on Cyber Monday, hot on the heels of already stellar Black Friday promotions, DealNews says.
The best sales will offer up to 90 percent off, and the average discount will be around 59 percent.
Gone, it warns, are coupons for free shipping.
This year, expect a minimum purchase of $25 to get free shipping on your order, it says. Exceptions, of course, include sites that always offer free shipping. On the other hand, it’s not that hard to reach the minimum when you’re stocking up.
If you are shopping at stores, here are some sales from retailers’ Black Friday ads, some leaked, others previewed by the stores:
- Target will offer 40 percent off all women’s boots.
- Macy’s has kicked off an online-only BOGO: Buy one pair of women’s boots and get 60 percent off a second on select styles. In-store door busters include men’s Alfani boots for $24.99, marked down from $69.99 to $75, and 65 percent off men’s dress and casual shoes. For women, Macy’s offers door buster deals of 50 percent off a variety of boots and booties and 40 percent off sneakers from G by Guess and Easy Spirit.
- Sears has women’s boots and booties for $19.99 in select styles usually selling for $40 to $70. Kids moccasins and men’s DieHard Workboots, Craftsman slippers and Wonderlite shoes are 50 percent off.
- Wal-Mart shows ladies’ Dearfoam slippers on a special buy for $7 a pair.
- Kohl’s previews a selection of women’s dress and casual boots for $29.99, marked down from $85 to $100. It also offers select styles of men’s and women’s athletic shoes for $29.99, more than 50 percent off regular prices. Kids’ dress and casual boots at $14.99, reflecting reductions of up to 73 percent.
As Black Friday approaches, follow these tips to save top dollar:
- We’ll offer more information on specific stores for the best deals. So if you’re not already getting our updates, subscribe now.
- Remember when shopping online to always start with a rebate site. They can automatically earn you 3 to 15 percent. Our favorite is Ebates. Click the link, create a free account, get money back whenever you buy online.
- Meanwhile, Amazon is already rolling out its Black Friday deals on a daily basis. Click here to explore.
What’s your plan for shopping on and around Black Friday? Share with us in comments or on our Facebook page.