- 7 Ways to Build Your Credit Score Without a Credit Card
- How to Get Started Investing When You Don’t Have Much Money
- A Simple Way to Invest Your Retirement Savings
- 8 Ways to Save on Life Insurance
- Lower Your Cable Bill With Techniques A Hostage Negotiator Uses
- 13 Steps to Hiring a Contractor Who Won’t Rip You Off
Cablevision, a cable provider mainly in the Northeast but with some service in the West, is hiking its subscription rate.
In a statement, they said why…
We have not raised our cable television prices in more than two years, even as we have added channels, On Demand content, new TV to GO services and other benefits. Unfortunately, the rising cost of programming has resulted in this sports surcharge, which is similar to those introduced by other TV providers.
In other words: man, sports is expensive. And other companies (DirecTV and Verizon) are already doing this, so don’t look at us like that.
The fee will be $3 a month for those with a Family or Value cable package or higher, and it starts in April. That’s an extra $36 a year, even if you never so much as surf past ESPN.
Getting sick of cable prices? Check out our stories below on cutting the cord.