- 10 Things You Should Know about Joining Finances in Marriage
- How to Make Sure Your Data is Wiped from Old Electronics
- Deals and Steals: What to Buy in July
- Employees’ Choice: 8 Worst U.S. Companies as Employers
- 8 Surefire Ways to Get Anyone to Like You in 90 Seconds
- America’s Best Loved — and Most Loathed — Fast-Food Chains
Cablevision, a cable provider mainly in the Northeast but with some service in the West, is hiking its subscription rate.
In a statement, they said why…
We have not raised our cable television prices in more than two years, even as we have added channels, On Demand content, new TV to GO services and other benefits. Unfortunately, the rising cost of programming has resulted in this sports surcharge, which is similar to those introduced by other TV providers.
In other words: man, sports is expensive. And other companies (DirecTV and Verizon) are already doing this, so don’t look at us like that.
The fee will be $3 a month for those with a Family or Value cable package or higher, and it starts in April. That’s an extra $36 a year, even if you never so much as surf past ESPN.
Getting sick of cable prices? Check out our stories below on cutting the cord.