Read These Next
Of course – but your success depends on where you shop. You’ll “likely have a better chance of negotiating prices” at independent sellers (or on Small Business Saturday) than at chains promoting major sales, according to a new survey from CouponCabin.
The coupon site says many Americans will try haggling at some point this holiday season: 43 percent of the 2,319 adults they asked are “somewhat likely” and 7 percent are “very likely” to negotiate for a lower price. Here’s why the other half said they wouldn’t…
- The sales staff doesn’t have the power to change prices – 51 percent
- I don’t think it would work – 38 percent
- I don’t think it’s appropriate – 38 percent
- Store prices are set for a reason – 31 percent
- I’m too embarrassed to haggle – 23 percent
- I don’t want to appear cheap – 10 percent
- Other – 8 percent
Yet nearly 69 percent said they have haggled before. It never hurts to ask, does it? Especially when everybody is fighting for your business. Check out the link for more ways to save.