You probably spend more per month on rent than anything else. So why pay more than you have to? Here are eight easy ways to lower the cost.
Life or Debt
Some expert cooks share their tips for cool meals and big savings this summer.
Whether it’s adding a bath or remodeling the kitchen, here’s how to find materials for a fraction of the price at big-box home improvement stores, hire the right contractor at the right price, and get that project done for less.
Many safety precautions in your home are inexpensive or even free. Here’s how to get the most safety for your cents.
Economizing doesn’t necessarily mean missing out on life. Here’s how I trimmed expenses without cutting into my lifestyle.
Grabbing bottled water may be convenient, but it’s also costly. Filtering your own tap water is cheaper and better for you. Here’s how to pick the right type of filter at the right price.
There’s a lot to get worked up about in our daily lives, and some people wind down in expensive ways, like wining and dining. But cooling off doesn’t mean you have to stress out your budget.
- Pop Quiz: Is it better to have a tax credit or a tax deduction?
- Java Hack: Coffee Lovers Outsmart Keurig’s K-Cup Technology
- Today’s Deals: Friday, Dec. 19
- Still Shopping for Christmas? 10 Last-Minute Money-Saving Tips
- Consumer Reports Doesn’t Recommend Gift Cards — Here’s Why
- The 10 Commandments of Wealth and Happiness
- Here’s Why We Have a Lawless Gotcha Capitalism Economy
- 9 Christmas Gifts That Keep Giving All Year
- Take 5: A Roundup of Reads From Around the Web
- Pop Quiz: Is It Better to Have a Tax Credit or a Tax Deduction?
- 10 Tips for Throwing an Awesome, but Cheap, New Year’s Eve Party
- 15 Tips for Taking Fabulous Smartphone Photos
- 5 Sneaky Jeweler Tricks of the Trade
- Your Next Loan Shouldn’t Be From a Bank
- The Gift That Doesn’t Need Batteries, Never Breaks and Can Change a Kid’s Life
- Shopping for Your Guy? Here Are 10 Things NOT to Buy
- 10 Awesome Yet Affordable Teacher Gifts
- Shopping For Your Girl? Avoid Everything on This List
- Should You Get a Store Credit Card?
- Should You Tip Your Garbage Man? 9 Rules for Holiday Tipping
- 10 Great Kid Gifts for Less Than $10
- 12 Ways to Save on Holiday Travel
- Year-End Review: 9 Tips to Cut Homeowners Insurance Costs
- Get Free Car Repairs with Secret Warranties
- Year-End Review: 10 Tips to Cut Car Insurance Costs
- 5 Types of Consumer Reports You Don’t Know About
- Don’t Get Scrooged by These 20 Holiday Scams
- 7 Foolproof Organizing Tricks You Don’t Know
- 6 Tips to Donate to Charity the Smart Way