Whether it’s adding a bath or remodeling the kitchen, here’s how to find materials for a fraction of the price at big-box home improvement stores, hire the right contractor at the right price, and get that project done for less.
Saving at Home
Many safety precautions in your home are inexpensive or even free. Here’s how to get the most safety for your cents.
Economizing doesn’t necessarily mean missing out on life. Here’s how I trimmed expenses without cutting into my lifestyle.
Grabbing bottled water may be convenient, but it’s also costly. Filtering your own tap water is cheaper and better for you. Here’s how to pick the right type of filter at the right price.
There’s a lot to get worked up about in our daily lives, and some people wind down in expensive ways, like wining and dining. But cooling off doesn’t mean you have to stress out your budget.
Stashing money under a mattress is so cliche – but sometimes cliches have a kernel of good advice. You should keep a cache of cash around the house. But where?
Owning a home offers a sense of freedom and independence. But that’s all an illusion until you polish off the mortgage, so here are some ways to do it faster.
- 8 Ways to Bounce Back From Financial Disaster
- This Simple Idea Could Cut Costs for College Students Across the US
- Report Names ‘Terrible 10′ States Where Taxes Hit Average Americans Hardest
- Want a Job After College? Majors Most Likely to Get You There, and Not
- Tax Hacks 2015: Can’t Pay Your Taxes? Here’s What to Do
- Correcting Mistakes After You File: Amended Tax Returns
- 28 Ways to Save Big Bucks on Pet Supplies
- Be Nice: Your Uber Driver Is Giving You a Passenger Rating
- Bank Branches Disappearing Across the United States
- FTC: Identity Theft Is Consumers’ Top Complaint; Imposters on the Rise
- Land a Mortgage Like a Pro: Three Easy Steps
- Coming Soon: Grocery Store Beacons That Send You Discounts, Aisle by Aisle
- Who’s Downsizing? Not These Retirees
- Trip Tips to Cut the Cost of Spring Break in Half
- How to Navigate Deceptive Car Ads and Avoid Rip-Offs
- Where to Sell Your Stuff for Top Dollar
- Medical ID Theft Cost Americans $20 Billion in 2014
- The Tooth Fairy Index is Up! What Kids Are Getting Under Their Pillows
- Is Getting a 401(k) Loan a Good Idea?
- 5 Tips for Renting a Home When Your Credit Is Poor