You can dump a bad spouse, or a bad house. But try getting out from under the mortgage.
Around The House
This week: What to do when you’re stuck inside this winter, when to pay for housekeeping, how to save 85 percent of your income, selling your house without an agent and why people sell timeshares for $1.
In the latest chapter of a long and heated battle over net neutrality, the FCC passed a measure to ensure that websites have equal access to Internet capacity. Think this is a topic only a nerd could love? Think again.
From Grandma’s china to your baby’s old clothes, we tell you where to get the best possible price for all your extra stuff.
Low interest rates and a recent reduction in mortgage insurance premiums may mean you can save money through a streamline refinance of your FHA mortgage. An expert explains how to figure out if you can benefit.
Catch up on chocolate but hold off on fancy lingerie — and more tips for the coming month.
Bargain foods are only a bargain if you’ll eat them. Here are six ways to give cheap foods a flavor boost.
- 8 Ways to Bounce Back From Financial Disaster
- This Simple Idea Could Cut Costs for College Students Across the US
- Report Names ‘Terrible 10′ States Where Taxes Hit Average Americans Hardest
- Want a Job After College? Majors Most Likely to Get You There, and Not
- Tax Hacks 2015: Can’t Pay Your Taxes? Here’s What to Do
- Correcting Mistakes After You File: Amended Tax Returns
- 28 Ways to Save Big Bucks on Pet Supplies
- Be Nice: Your Uber Driver Is Giving You a Passenger Rating
- Bank Branches Disappearing Across the United States
- FTC: Identity Theft Is Consumers’ Top Complaint; Imposters on the Rise
- Land a Mortgage Like a Pro: Three Easy Steps
- Coming Soon: Grocery Store Beacons That Send You Discounts, Aisle by Aisle
- Who’s Downsizing? Not These Retirees
- Trip Tips to Cut the Cost of Spring Break in Half
- How to Navigate Deceptive Car Ads and Avoid Rip-Offs
- Where to Sell Your Stuff for Top Dollar
- Medical ID Theft Cost Americans $20 Billion in 2014
- The Tooth Fairy Index is Up! What Kids Are Getting Under Their Pillows
- Is Getting a 401(k) Loan a Good Idea?
- 5 Tips for Renting a Home When Your Credit Is Poor