The Federal Trade Commission says these operations bilked consumers out of $11 million for worthless high school diplomas.
If you need a degree to compete with younger workers (and you might not) find the sweet spot in the market before you invest.
You’ll want to apply your Type-A personality traits to the job of finding and then successfully applying for scholarships. I did, and it really helped my college-bound kids.
If you want financial aid for college, you must complete the free application for student aid. Here’s what you need to know.
More colleges are turning to student debit cards to disburse financial aid, and some of those cards are laden with fees, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau says.
Chances are you headed off to college without a solid education in personal finance and money management. Don’t start out adulthood by digging yourself into a hole.
President Obama unveils a plan to allow up to 9 million students to attend community college without having to pay for their own tuition.
- 8 Ways to Bounce Back From Financial Disaster
- This Simple Idea Could Cut Costs for College Students Across the US
- Report Names ‘Terrible 10′ States Where Taxes Hit Average Americans Hardest
- Want a Job After College? Majors Most Likely to Get You There, and Not
- Tax Hacks 2015: Can’t Pay Your Taxes? Here’s What to Do
- Correcting Mistakes After You File: Amended Tax Returns
- 28 Ways to Save Big Bucks on Pet Supplies
- Be Nice: Your Uber Driver Is Giving You a Passenger Rating
- Bank Branches Disappearing Across the United States
- FTC: Identity Theft Is Consumers’ Top Complaint; Imposters on the Rise
- Land a Mortgage Like a Pro: Three Easy Steps
- Coming Soon: Grocery Store Beacons That Send You Discounts, Aisle by Aisle
- Who’s Downsizing? Not These Retirees
- Trip Tips to Cut the Cost of Spring Break in Half
- How to Navigate Deceptive Car Ads and Avoid Rip-Offs
- Where to Sell Your Stuff for Top Dollar
- Medical ID Theft Cost Americans $20 Billion in 2014
- The Tooth Fairy Index is Up! What Kids Are Getting Under Their Pillows
- Is Getting a 401(k) Loan a Good Idea?
- 5 Tips for Renting a Home When Your Credit Is Poor