Paying that cellphone bill on time, and other factors, will matter under FICO’s new approach to scoring many people — like college students — with little credit history.
Credit & Debt
Welcome to the world, Class of ’15. Here’s how to establish strong credit straight out of the starting gate.
This reader had $60,000 in student loans forgiven, but is now facing a big, fat tax bill. How can this be fair?
In 22 U.S. states, authorities can suspend your driver’s license or even professional license if you defaulted on your student loans. Some legislators are starting to challenge the practice.
College-branded debit cards are hitting students with high fees — and payment often comes out of financial aid, advocacy group says.
This week: How lunch can make you successful, how life can alter your financial outlook, how new credit cards affect credit scores, tax facts for single moms and 10 popular hacks that don’t work.
The most prestigious schools are not necessarily going to lead to higher income, but they likely will lead to larger debt.
- 10 Things We Spend Way Too Much On, and Cheaper Alternatives
- Fannie, Freddie CEOs Get $3.4 Million Raises
- Full-Service Restaurants Can Be Worse for Health Than Fast Food
- Are Airlines Conspiring to Keep Plane Tickets Costly?
- 10 Things To Know Before You Book a Cruise
- 5 Changes That Could Slash Heart Disease Deaths by Half
- This U.S. City Has the Priciest Hotel Rates in the World
- And the No. 1 Country for Female Entrepreneurs Is …
- Deals and Steals: What to Buy in July
- 6 Ways to Keep Bad Credit From Killing a Small Business Dream
- America’s Best Loved — and Most Loathed — Fast-Food Chains
- ’99 Percent’ Did Well Last Year, But Still Lagged Wealthy
- What the Same-Sex Marriage Ruling Has to Do With the U.S. Economy
- 15 Ways to Save Big on Your Dream Wedding
- More Than One-Third of Wealthy Lack Estate Plans
- The Highest-Paid Celebrities in the World
- 13 Ways to Clip the Cost of Child Care
- Men Vs. Women: Who Brings More Debt to Relationships?
- More Than Half of Americans Delaying Life Decisions
- 7 Tips to Fly Hassle-Free With Your Pet